cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Application for Amex charge card in 2 months?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Application for Amex charge card in 2 months?

I'm married and we are spending about $500/month on groceries. Pharmacies don't count, do they? Usually, my wife pays for groceries but we could change that. Gas doesn't apply because we do not own a car.

Message 21 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

@taxi818 wrote:
Well it's looks like you are doing just that. Misinterpreting. The chase sapphire is not yours. So amex will not care at all about that. So basically you have a discover it for 1 month and you think that is enough history 2 months from now? No way. As mentioned before. Your credit karma score is garbage. And so is the vantage score. Experian in most cases is what amex will use. I saw once where they double pulled someone. Still denied. Since you don't get it. I say app right now and get it over with. When you get denial letter. Then you will know what to work on. After they type it in. Even in 2 months. Or. You can be patient. Like most have said. Get about a year behind you with that discover. And have a 90% chance of success. Each his own. Good luck.

Looks like 3 months was enough after all. I just received my Amex PRG in the mail.

Message 22 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations on the approval. So your credit history is only 3 months? Any baddies? I would like to go for a charge card as well.
Message 23 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm married and we are spending about $500/month on groceries. Pharmacies don't count, do they? Usually, my wife pays for groceries but we could change that. Gas doesn't apply because we do not own a car.

No I don't believe they do.

You can still buy ice cream at Grocery stores though (Walmart does not apply either.)

Message 24 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Congratulations on the approval. So your credit history is only 3 months? Any baddies? I would like to go for a charge card as well.

I had my Discover it for 3 months and a Chase Sapphire (only AU) for 6 months. I didn't have any history at all before that, nothing negative or positive.

Message 25 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.