cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Application for a new credit card

New Visitor

Application for a new credit card

Hello everyone!

 

Last week I applied for a credit card and I was approved. I got it yesterday, now since I can't transfer balances (this card is from the same bank Smiley Sad() I am thinking about applying for a Citi card (my current one are in Chase). So I am wondering if I will be approved for a new card, since I applied for my Chase just a week ago. How this activity will affect my credit and APR? Chase gave me their lowest APR.

 

I appreciate all suggestions.

 

 

Natalia

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES
Epic Contributor

Re: Application for a new credit card


NataliaAnna wrote:

Hello everyone!

 

Last week I applied for a credit card and I was approved. I got it yesterday, now since I can't transfer balances (this card is from the same bank Smiley Sad() I am thinking about applying for a Citi card (my current one are in Chase). So I am wondering if I will be approved for a new card, since I applied for my Chase just a week ago. How this activity will affect my credit and APR? Chase gave me their lowest APR.

 

I appreciate all suggestions.

 

 

Natalia


What did you get for limit?

Why can't you BT?

APR Can NOT change on Credit Cards once issued OUTSIDE of moving Prime rate unless you miss 2 payments or go over your CL 2.

Banks are no longer able to rate jack just because they want to like back when pre what 2009 credit law? was it 09'?

 

I mean depending on credit profile you might loose points for Inquiry or new account but you should be good for Citi.

 

you only have this one new chase card or? did they send you your credit score?

Message 2 of 6
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Re: Application for a new credit card

If your credit profile is decent (credit score and free of derogs) I dont see why you should not get the citi card, even though you recently applied for a chase card. 


Starting Score: 500s
Current Score: EQ: 708myFICO(7/15/17), TU: 721myFICO(7/15/17), EX: 701myFICO(7/15/17)
Goal Score: 750

Wallet: Discover IT $50300, Capital One Platinum $17000, Barclays Rewards $6700, Walmart $6000, Amazon Store Card $6000 Chase Sapphire Preferred $5000, Chase Sapphire Reserve $10000, Bank of America Cash Rewards $500. BestBuy $10000
Message 3 of 6
New Visitor

Re: Application for a new credit card


Creditaddict wrote:

NataliaAnna wrote:

Hello everyone!

 

Last week I applied for a credit card and I was approved. I got it yesterday, now since I can't transfer balances (this card is from the same bank Smiley Sad() I am thinking about applying for a Citi card (my current one are in Chase). So I am wondering if I will be approved for a new card, since I applied for my Chase just a week ago. How this activity will affect my credit and APR? Chase gave me their lowest APR.

 

I appreciate all suggestions.

 

 

Natalia


What did you get for limit?

Why can't you BT?

APR Can NOT change on Credit Cards once issued OUTSIDE of moving Prime rate unless you miss 2 payments or go over your CL 2.

Banks are no longer able to rate jack just because they want to like back when pre what 2009 credit law? was it 09'?

 

I mean depending on credit profile you might loose points for Inquiry or new account but you should be good for Citi.

 

you only have this one new chase card or? did they send you your credit score?


 

 

Before I applied for Chase Slate, I had two Chase cards:

1)Freedom with credit line $4800, used almost $4000

2)Freedom with credit line $ 1000, used $500

I applied for Slate, to transfer all balances to it (of course now I know that I can't transfer within the same bank). They gave me 6K credit line for 11.99% - lowest available rate.

 

so to transfer my balance to card with no APR I want to apply for Citi.

 

Oh, no credit score...

Message 4 of 6
New Visitor

Re: Application for a new credit card


somotao wrote:

If your credit profile is decent (credit score and free of derogs) I dont see why you should not get the citi card, even though you recently applied for a chase card. 


What is "derogs"?

Sorry I am new to this terminology...

Message 5 of 6
Epic Contributor

Re: Application for a new credit card


NataliaAnna wrote:

Creditaddict wrote:

NataliaAnna wrote:

Hello everyone!

 

Last week I applied for a credit card and I was approved. I got it yesterday, now since I can't transfer balances (this card is from the same bank Smiley Sad() I am thinking about applying for a Citi card (my current one are in Chase). So I am wondering if I will be approved for a new card, since I applied for my Chase just a week ago. How this activity will affect my credit and APR? Chase gave me their lowest APR.

 

I appreciate all suggestions.

 

 

Natalia


What did you get for limit?

Why can't you BT?

APR Can NOT change on Credit Cards once issued OUTSIDE of moving Prime rate unless you miss 2 payments or go over your CL 2.

Banks are no longer able to rate jack just because they want to like back when pre what 2009 credit law? was it 09'?

 

I mean depending on credit profile you might loose points for Inquiry or new account but you should be good for Citi.

 

you only have this one new chase card or? did they send you your credit score?


 

 

Before I applied for Chase Slate, I had two Chase cards:

1)Freedom with credit line $4800, used almost $4000

2)Freedom with credit line $ 1000, used $500

I applied for Slate, to transfer all balances to it (of course now I know that I can't transfer within the same bank). They gave me 6K credit line for 11.99% - lowest available rate.

 

so to transfer my balance to card with no APR I want to apply for Citi.

 

Oh, no credit score...


you had 2 chase cards basically maxed out and you got a 3rd with higher limit then first 2... Chase has lost their mind lately with some of the approvals I have been seeing!!!

I would for sure apply for citi or discover...

i don't get people having so many cards with 1 bank... edit... I don't get having so many cards with just one bank when you don't have ANY other cards iwth other banks... if you got cards all over and credit is good, then i can see the purpose if you are working rewards programs...

Message 6 of 6