Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Application sprees with no file

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Application sprees with no file

Having never had credit before, I don't have a file. Does this mean that I could apply to many cards all at once, and just see which ones I'm approved for? Obviously this is usually bad for your credit score, but I don't have a file yet. Without really being able to predict what I'll get approved for, this would certainly be the most convenient method of getting started. Do inquiries still get reported?
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Application sprees with no file

no I would try the ones that others have posted getting with no files and hopefully pick up at least 1 and then garden for 6 months and then when you generate credit scores then do app spree.

some people have been approved and some denied for the following cards with no history:

American Express Blue Cash or Blue Everyday

Discover it

Citibank

Navy Federal

Message 2 of 4
Closingracer99
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Having never had credit before, I don't have a file. Does this mean that I could apply to many cards all at once, and just see which ones I'm approved for? Obviously this is usually bad for your credit score, but I don't have a file yet. Without really being able to predict what I'll get approved for, this would certainly be the most convenient method of getting started. Do inquiries still get reported?

Yes they get reported even if you never had a Loan, Credit card or anything else positive or negative on your reports. I have 24-26 inq's on my experian and mostly is because of me apping for cards between 1-2 years ago. 

My Cards: Amex BCE: $9,000, Amex Hilton HHonors: $2,000, Amex ED: $12,000, Barclays NFL extra points: $3,000, Bank of America MLB cash rewards: $17,000, BBVA compass NBA Amex triple double rewards: $17,000, Chase Amazon: $1,000, Chase Freedom: $9,000, Chase Sapphire: $5,000, Chase Slate: $5,000, Chase Disney: $4,000, Citi Double Cash: $5,400, Citi AA plat: $5,500, Citi Simplicity: $3,000, Citi Thank you preferred: $8,800, Capital one GM: $2,000, Capital one PlayStation: $3,000, Gamestop: $1,150, Amazon Store: $5,000, Ebay MasterCard: $5,000, American Eagle Storecard: $750, Macy's: $500
EX: 744, TU:750, EQ: 740
Message 3 of 4
newhis
Valued Contributor

I started this year with no file and not knowing what I was doing. I applied and got denied for Capital One and they HP all 3, I regret not finding this forum before that.

Opened a savings account with BoA and got a secured card for $1,000. Called Discover IT and after some documents got approved with $1,000 but no 0% APR promotion period.

Now I'm waiting until Discover tell me my score (don't know if that will be possible because I don't have SSN only ITIN) in 2 more months, to apply for Amex and Chase.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.