Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Application status

tag
squirrely2005
Contributor

Application status

I wasn't sure how to title this. I applied for the amex zync on 11/30/11 and was curious about their reasons because i forgot and would like to improve those. But whenever i go to check the status it just says delined and when go to check the reason it says it can't be accessed.

Is there a timeframe that they keep it and after its gone forever or could I call and they would be able to tell me?

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Re: Application status

I would give them a call and request that they resend your denial letter - did you ever receive anything in the mail ?

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had this problem and it turned out to be a browser issue - couldn't access the decision with either Safari or Firefox. It finally worked with Chrome. I think others have said that IE works as well.

Message 3 of 12
squirrely2005
Contributor

Thanks that worked. I'm really surprised that I applied when i did. My score was 610.

Would anybody able to help out with what these reasons mean exactly?

"Serious delinquency."

"Too few accounts currently paid as agreed."

There were two others but I understood them. It was just my util and time ive had my accounts.

Message 4 of 12
Scene
Regular Contributor

@squirrely2005 wrote:

Thanks that worked. I'm really surprised that I applied when i did. My score was 610.

Would anybody able to help out with what these reasons mean exactly?

"Serious delinquency."

"Too few accounts currently paid as agreed."

There were two others but I understood them. It was just my util and time ive had my accounts.

Serious delinquency is exactly what it states: a serious delinquency such as a charge off, recent bankruptcy, late payments, no payments for 30, 60, 120+ days, public records, tax liens and a whole list of other reasons that could possibly extend past the length restriction of this post.

Too few accounts currently paid as agreed compliments the aforementioned, you just need to start paying your debts.

Message 5 of 12
ksquared
Established Member

serious deliquency-means you need to get a copy of your credit history stat. Means you have unpaid bills or may be an error. That'll stay with you and affect you for many many years. Too few accounts paid as agreed. means you haven't paid in the accounts you have. Again get a report of all three credit historys.

Message 6 of 12
drkaje
Senior Contributor

You should also get an Ex score.

Not sure if a score is given with approvals, though.

Starting Score: 675
Current Score: EX 753 FICO, EQ 737FICO, TU 738
Goal Score: 776 FICO

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 7 of 12
frogfan12
Established Contributor

Do they disclose the score online? Or just in the rejection letter?

Starting Score: 760
Current Score: 716 Equifax 754 TU 736 Experian
Goal Score: 760
Message 8 of 12
squirrely2005
Contributor

It just seems strange to me. I have a late payment from about a year and a half ago. It's hard to imagine that one late payment can make that much of a difference. From what I've seen with other people who have so much more negatives. I check my reoprts all the time. Checked my experian today and its at 632. No collections and just that late payment. That's all. 

Message 9 of 12
Scene
Regular Contributor

If that is true then you should call up the backdoor numbers to Chase and get a recon. Given that these applications are automated 1 deliquency could trigger the denied response and somewhat overly exaggerated reasons.

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.