Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Applied Bank is back

tag
incognitony
Frequent Contributor

Re: Applied Bank is back

Google cross country bank attorney general. We always thought the place was ran by the mob. It is the crappiest of all things that are crap.

Message 21 of 44
Anonymous
Not applicable

TiggerDat,

Thanks for the advice.  Looking back, I do agree that it is much better to go with a secured card over an unsecured card with outrageous fees.  A supervisor told me they will not refund the $125 origination fee if the card was used. I did use the card, but  I see that it was refunded yesterday since I just activated the card a couple of weeks ago. I was charged other fees that I am stuck with though. In order to dispute them, I have to submit a request in writing. This company is just a hassle. Thanks for the info on Merrick Bank. Maybe I will try Open Sky.

Message 22 of 44
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Well, I didn't see any personal cards in their website, except for "Pay your credit card" and "business visa card". Is there a different link for credit card applications?

nah think people are talking about the "business" card.. doubtful it is a business card with that low cl and outrageous fees

Right! This card is far from a business credit card. After the origination fee is charged upfront, there is only $375 of available credit. A business cannot do much with that.

Message 23 of 44
Anonymous
Not applicable

Get secured card if you must have a credit card. Run away from these types and don't look back. I really wish I had known this years ago. Can you say predator? I knew you could. Smiley Wink

Message 24 of 44
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Get secured card if you must have a credit card. Run away from these types and don't look back. I really wish I had known this years ago. Can you say predator? I knew you could. Smiley Wink

Lol. I guess I should just stick with Capital One QS and Credit One. I was going to close Credit One, and they offered to refund part of the annual fee.

Now Surge Mastercard (Celtic Bank) has emerged with a $125 annual fee as well. They prey on us rebuilders.

Message 25 of 44
Anonymous
Not applicable

Here is the update: They added the $125 charge back to my account (listed as a cash advance this time), after some lady that claims she is the Vice President of the company, called to argue with me at 9am last Fri.  I called today to speak with a supervisor, and she said the fee is valid and should have never been credited in the first place.  I told her it's no wonder there are so many bad reviews on this company. She rushed me off the phone at that time.  They have the nerve to state, "Applied Bank is Proud to be Recognized by Visa for the Quality Service we provide to our Customers", on their letterhead. LOL. Lies! If anyone is considering this company, please beware of their horrible business practices!

Message 26 of 44
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Here is the update: They added the $125 charge back to my account (listed as a cash advance this time), after some lady that claims she is the Vice President of the company, called to argue with me at 9am last Fri.  I called today to speak with a supervisor, and she said the fee is valid and should have never been credited in the first place.  I told her it's no wonder there are so many bad reviews on this company. She rushed me off the phone at that time.  They have the nerve to state, "Applied Bank is Proud to be Recognized by Visa for the Quality Service we provide to our Customers", on their letterhead. LOL. Lies! If anyone is considering this company, please beware of their horrible business practices!

Call back and raise some hell.

Message 27 of 44
noobody
Established Contributor

I think the fee is legit, it not their fault you can not read the terms.
yes, they are bad company, that is why you should not give them the chance.
EX819 1HP|TU797 1HP| EQ(Fico8 BankCard)841
Message 28 of 44
Anonymous
Not applicable

@noobody wrote:
I think the fee is legit, it not their fault you can not read the terms.
yes, they are bad company, that is why you should not give them the chance.

Legitimate fee, Yes. Should they have read the completely and utterly awful terms? Yes. Is it right though? Doesn't pass the sniff test. Smiley Surprised

Message 29 of 44
Anonymous
Not applicable

You cannot get anywhere with them.  It seems that only 5 customer service reps work there, so you will most likely get the same one.  Then, the supervisors are not willing to listen.  

Message 30 of 44
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.