Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Applied Bank

tag
spydergto
Regular Contributor

Applied Bank

when i first applied for a secured card with applied bank they told me it would graduate to an unsecured. now that its 1.5 years later i find out it wont graduate. i have perfect payment history on it. my CU has just given me a 1k CC low because they also just gave me two car notes lol i got all three of the same pull apparently my gardening has been paying off because i broke 750 EX.   so im wondering what to try. i want to try to force applied bank to unsecure the card. but at the same time im not sure how the CU will respond.

should i close the secured account now that i have a larger unsecured card ? im just not sure what to do i am adding 50$ every two weeks to my secured card and am kind of wanting to continue this until the card maxes at 5k so that the repair will be greater so that when i get a replacement card i can get one for 10k instead of 1k.

thoughts ?  advice ?

Ex 750 10/22/2013 Eq 651 11/09/2013 TU 721 12/9/2013

5/14/14 Equifax – 673 Experian – 744 Transunion – 722

already bought the house! closed with a great deal all thanks to information i learned here!
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
ezdoesit
Valued Contributor

Re: Applied Bank

@spydergto wrote:

when i first applied for a secured card with applied bank they told me it would graduate to an unsecured. now that its 1.5 years later i find out it wont graduate. i have perfect payment history on it. my CU has just given me a 1k CC low because they also just gave me two car notes lol i got all three of the same pull apparently my gardening has been paying off because i broke 750 EX.   so im wondering what to try. i want to try to force applied bank to unsecure the card. but at the same time im not sure how the CU will respond.

should i close the secured account now that i have a larger unsecured card ? im just not sure what to do i am adding 50$ every two weeks to my secured card and am kind of wanting to continue this until the card maxes at 5k so that the repair will be greater so that when i get a replacement card i can get one for 10k instead of 1k.

thoughts ?  advice ?

What is your CR like AAOA, inq is this your only cc other than the CU one?  If your at 750 I would think of applying for a regular card. 

Applied Bank is a good starter card but it seems like its served it purpose and maybe you should look in another direction. 

Message 2 of 3
spydergto
Regular Contributor

Re: Applied Bank

Hey i just got an email fromthe CU rep telling me to expect the 1k card in the mail in the next 7-10 days and to activate it once i recieve it. it is not on my CU online banking yet. my AAOA is decent but about to drop. oldest account is 12 years average is 7.6 years i believe. but the three new accounts are going to drop this. im ok with that because i needed to get the two cars into my name . i was young and fubared the credit and my mom helped me by  buying them for me. so i will have three new accounts added which will damage the AAoA but its something that had to be done and these will be paid on for a while and build history for me again. time will pass.

i do not want to have to apply for a card for personal preferance 1 year , but at minimum 6 months. im very cautious and pull reports daily to see whats going on.

main goal is to buy a house in 2 years. everything must be gardened until then for optimal performance and optimail results in a decent amount of time.

so i dont want to add another card later. but the limit is only 1k on CU. i can however make the applied bank grow over time.

Ex 750 10/22/2013 Eq 651 11/09/2013 TU 721 12/9/2013

5/14/14 Equifax – 673 Experian – 744 Transunion – 722

already bought the house! closed with a great deal all thanks to information i learned here!
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.