Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Applied For Walmart Card

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Applied For Walmart Card

I was denied and the reason was, In reaching this decision, your request was judgmentally reviewed and denied for the following reason(s):      
UNABLE TO VERIFY IDENTITY OF APPLICANT

How is this possible.  It seems they used Trans Union.  I kinda confused how they couldn't verify my identity.

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Applied For Walmart Card

perhaps you should call them
Message 2 of 9
Chopbrocoli
Established Contributor

I would call for a recon so they can ask you your previous address and such.
AMEX Gold Premier Rewards | SPG AMEX | Bank of America Power Rewards | Merrill Plus | United Presidential Plus | Saks World Elite
Message 3 of 9
laz98
Senior Contributor

that happened with my gf TWICE.  they didn't try to call us or anything.  she only has 2 addresses, her parents' (when she lived at home) & the house we live in now.  i don't know what was so hard for them to identify.

we decided it wasn't worth it in the end.

Message 4 of 9
guydiver
Established Contributor

Same thing happened to me earlier this year. I applied at the cash register for the WM Discover card, got the same decline and reason: Unable to verify identity. I called the number on the cash register receipt, got a recording. Sent GEMB a letter with copies of my current GEMB statements. No response.....period.

Go figure.

Message 5 of 9
wmarat
Valued Contributor

I have this card and I am deeply sorry for having it and I'll close it next August, unless GEMB changes it's uncomprehensable CL policies.

So, IMO, you missed nothing.

IN VINO VERITAS.
Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the replies, it seems like the card isn't worth it.
Message 7 of 9
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

I do think that I remember that GEMB has issues with phone numbers on applications. If you list a cell phone instead of a land line, you can get denied with that "unable to verify identity" thing. And they never try to reach you, and unless you jump on it that very day, they'll do another hard inq, even though no normal person would consider that justifiable.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 8 of 9
laz98
Senior Contributor

@haulingthescoreup wrote:
I do think that I remember that GEMB has issues with phone numbers on applications. If you list a cell phone instead of a land line, you can get denied with that "unable to verify identity" thing. And they never try to reach you, and unless you jump on it that very day, they'll do another hard inq, even though no normal person would consider that justifiable.

this seems to be what happened with my gf.  at the time, we only had cell phones, so they might not have liked that.  then again, i applied for 3 different gemb cards in october, & didn't have any problem getting them.

& yep, walmart sure did slap 2 hard inquiries on her reports!  jerk faces!  Smiley Mad

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.