Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Applied Two GE Cards... Wal-Mart & Amazon

tag
YoungMoney06
Frequent Contributor

Re: Applied Two GE Cards... Wal-Mart & Amazon

daybreak: Have you had any experience with either that you're willing to share please?

My Wallet (Updated Sept 2023):
Store Cards:

Major Cards:

In Timeout:

Message 31 of 45
daybreakgonesXe
Valued Contributor

@YoungMoney06 wrote:

daybreak: Have you had any experience with either that you're willing to share please?

Yes, actually! My brother got approved for the Capital One Journey his first semester in college. Entered that he was a student, his yearly income as well as assets (my brother and I have the benefit of being in joint accounts with our parents, which help us claim high amounts of annual income since we have access to said savings, CDs, etc.) Not sure if his differed student loan posted at that point, but i believe it did, so that helped him too, but only slightly. Also was an authorized user on my Shell card Got approved for a $500 credit line, only had to submit a copy of his class schedule to prove he was enrolled. Card is now up to $750

He then got a pre-qualified offer for Discover Open Road card 7 months later. Same deal, listed he was a student with annual income. Got approved for BAM! $5000! (woo! i nearly fell off my chair after i saw that!) his utilization is always relatively low and pays on time. So you have a wonderful chance at getting approved! Even low incomes will get you a $500 line on Journey!

Message 32 of 45
YoungMoney06
Frequent Contributor

I will make an attempt at it because after this, I'll be going into the garden for a brief time while I try and clean up my report a bit. Thanks for your feedback daybreak. I'll keep you posted on the results...

Store Cards:

Major Cards:

In Timeout:

Message 33 of 45
YoungMoney06
Frequent Contributor

Applied, denied, no reason given. Will call backdoor number to see if any additional information is needed.

Store Cards:

Major Cards:

In Timeout:

Message 34 of 45
rootpooty
Valued Contributor

What did you apply for?

NFCU plat 5k | NAVCHECK 5k | NFCU cashrewards 15k | BOFA 123 6k |
Chase Freedom 1.5k | Amazon 3K | Walmart 3K | Buckle 300 | AMEX BCE 2.5K | CHASE CSP 12K | CITI sears 6k | Kay 2k

On the prowl for Chase Sapphire Preferred! APPROVED 12K!
scores 7/14 647 622 630 (85%util)
scores 8/14 767 760 758 Boom! finally in the 700 club
Message 35 of 45
daybreakgonesXe
Valued Contributor

@YoungMoney06 wrote:

Applied, denied, no reason given. Will call backdoor number to see if any additional information is needed.

Yes, definitely check in with them! My brother when he got approved for Journey had no baddies or negatives. Pretty much nada on his report except for 3 months of reporting from my Shell and maybe a month or two of deferred student loan. If you have negatives, you may have to explain yourself and/or maybe they just need proof of you being a student, especially if you're not in the average college student age range (18-23). If you went with Discover, they may view your negatives more harshly than Cap One. Just be cool, confident, and collective Smiley Happy Explain to them your situation and they will hopefully offer you something!!

Message 36 of 45
YoungMoney06
Frequent Contributor

rootpooty: I applied for CapOne's Journey card.

daybreak: I will reach out to them tomorrow. Hard to make time to call in with the final two weeks of the semester remaining and working early AM... I'm talking 4am early. And being that I work for FedEx, that doesn't help matters none with peak season coming. Ai-yi-yi! lol

Store Cards:

Major Cards:

In Timeout:

Message 37 of 45
daybreakgonesXe
Valued Contributor

@YoungMoney06 wrote:

rootpooty: I applied for CapOne's Journey card.

daybreak: I will reach out to them tomorrow. Hard to make time to call in with the final two weeks of the semester remaining and working early AM... I'm talking 4am early. And being that I work for FedEx, that doesn't help matters none with peak season coming. Ai-yi-yi! lol

Jesus I am so sorry Smiley Sad Good luck with the card, exams, and surviving through work!!!

Message 38 of 45
YoungMoney06
Frequent Contributor

Thanks...I'll keep you posted after I reach out to them tomorrow. Not sure what luck I'll have though since GE denied me, and I spoke to underwriting at GE who said there was nothing he could do without letting me explain my situation.

Store Cards:

Major Cards:

In Timeout:

Message 39 of 45
rootpooty
Valued Contributor

What negatives exactly are on your reports?

NFCU plat 5k | NAVCHECK 5k | NFCU cashrewards 15k | BOFA 123 6k |
Chase Freedom 1.5k | Amazon 3K | Walmart 3K | Buckle 300 | AMEX BCE 2.5K | CHASE CSP 12K | CITI sears 6k | Kay 2k

On the prowl for Chase Sapphire Preferred! APPROVED 12K!
scores 7/14 647 622 630 (85%util)
scores 8/14 767 760 758 Boom! finally in the 700 club
Message 40 of 45
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.