Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Applied for 4 cards got approved on 4 cards

tag
jd352
Regular Contributor

Re: Applied for 4 cards got approved on 4 cards

You can request up to 3x your current credit limit 61 days after activation with no hard pull on credit file.

NPSL............... $20,700........... $15,200.......... $5,000............ $15,000............ $20,000
Current Scores: Equifax: 761 (Fico) TransUnion: 751 (Fico) Experian: 768 (Fico)
Message 11 of 24
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

Message 12 of 24
Pat94108
Frequent Contributor

@notfancy wrote:

@JoshNurse wrote:

I am just upset that barclays only gave me a $3500.  Discover gave me $10000 and both american express at $7800.

How do I get the barclays card to increase in limit as fast as possible?  I would love all cards to be over $10,000.

I need to have atleast a $100,000 credit line or my anxiety and obsessive compulsive disorder will not leave me alone.  I am addicted to these forums now and I cant stop.

Please be careful here. I hope this is a serious post and question, so I will answer it as though it is.

If you have an anxiety disorder and an OCD, you may want to discuss this with your mental health professional. Coming here and obsessing and trying to meet that obsession with more and larger credit could very easily back fire on you and set you back a LONG ways. You'll see over and over again people stressing that credit is a journey and not a race. You will not get to a 100k limit fast. You need TONS of cash reserves and so many other things to get a limit like that. You will also need a very good, and likely long and thick credit history to see anything like that. If now you mean that you want  ten cards at 10k each, that is possible, but again it will take a lot of patience, work, little to no inquiries, and willpower. Amex will probably help your average because of their generous 3x limit increase policies but my understanding is that Barclay is a conservative lender. They also get very jumpy if you add new accounts with  in the first year of having their account (based on posts I've read here many times)

Try to take it slow with the credit. If you try to do too much too soon, you're going to end up where a lot of us are, which is with a lot of inquiries, denials, and denials of CLIs.

Great post. 

Message 13 of 24
Dw4250
Valued Contributor

@JoshNurse wrote:
At the moment with the cards I have I am at about 75k total credit. I just want my total credit to reach 100k. I don't think I will ever reach a 100k limit card. I would have a heart attack of the excitement lol

Why do u need 100K CL ASAP?  What's the rush?  75K is already way above the national average (which is 19K I believe).  Remember credit is not a video game...and overextending yourself can boomerang in profoundly bad ways.

Sit back and enjoy your new cards.  Keep your balances low, pay everything on time and watch the CLI's come in organically.  It's the summer...get out and enjoy life!  Smiley Wink

Message 14 of 24
sexy_kitten7
Regular Contributor

@JoshNurse wrote:

How do I get the barclays card to increase in limit as fast as possible?  I would love all cards to be over $10,000.

I would tread extremely lightly. Barclays is the most conservative lender and there are reports of them shutting down new accounts after seeing they were opened in an AOR. The cards were cancelled before peole got them in the post. Personally, they slashed my CL by 80% last month! Your chances of getting a CLI are not great, since TU will have 2+ brand new HPs. I would lay low for 3-6 months and then talk to Barclays.

Quicksilver MC / Amazon.com / Better Balance Rewards Visa / Freedom / Dividend / Quicksilver Visa / Cash+ / Thank You Preferred / Blue Cash Everyday / Better Balance Rewards MC / BankAmericard HRC Cash Rewards / It / Arrival / FlexPerks / Platinum AAdvantage / MileagePlus Explorer / LifeMiles
Message 15 of 24
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@sexy_kitten7 wrote:

I would tread extremely lightly. Barclays is the most conservative lender and there are reports of them shutting down new accounts after seeing they were opened in an AOR. The cards were cancelled before peole got them in the post. Personally, they slashed my CL by 80% last month! 

Wow, what was the reason they gave (if they gave!) for the 80% cut?

Message 16 of 24
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@JoshNurse wrote:

I am just upset that barclays only gave me a $3500.  Discover gave me $10000 and both american express at $7800.

Creditors vary in what they're willing to extend and you can't just assume that 4 approvals will lead to the same (or even similar) limits with all of the creditors involved.  Relax and appreciate that all 4 were approved.  As is frequently stated around here this is a marathon, not a sprint.  Get yourself in the proper mindset as you have to be in it for the long haul and multiple approvals with high limits aren't going to contiuously roll in.

@JoshNurse wrote:

I need to have atleast a $100,000 credit line or my anxiety and obsessive compulsive disorder will not leave me alone.  I am addicted to these forums now and I cant stop.

If you really have OCD and addiction then you need to get them treated as those are serious problems versus relying on approvals and CLI's as a solution -- they're not and constantly applying and requesting CLI's isn't a sustainable practice.  If not, please lay off the hyperbole as you're diluting the meaning of the words and there are those that are truly afflicted by OCD and/or addiction.

Message 17 of 24
DarkMoonLily
Frequent Contributor

Why do you NEED a overall CL of 100k? 75k is pretty good. Just lay low and grow the cards you got the usual way. 

2019 Goals: Garden and Clean up Credit Reports!!!
2020 Goals: Get a Secured Card and Auto Loan.
Message 18 of 24
watch44
Frequent Contributor

OP, you need to slow your roll dawg. They don't just hand out 100k lines to any geek off the street. Be cool and you'll be cool. Can you dig it?
  (Hover over pics for details) 
FICO:  TU 731 (05/14/14)   EX 749 (04/24/14)   EQ 684 (02/05/14)   Goal 700
FAKO:  TU 761 (05/20/14)   EX 761 (05/20/14)   EQ 743 (05/20/14)
Message 19 of 24
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

call barclay backdoor and ask to recon the cl... i doubt it will cost you another hp as they just pulled it.

Message 20 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.