Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Applied for AMEX Delta Skymiles - In Progress

tag
sghosh5
Valued Contributor

Applied for AMEX Delta Skymiles - In Progress

Applied for AMEX Delta Skymiles. Got a 14 day message. I got straight denials before. After few hours got an email from AMEX saying we are still processing and asked me to check back the staus later. Is this just a delayed denial?

Shell FCU : 5K
Message 1 of 29
28 REPLIES 28
yudeology101
Senior Contributor

Re: Applied for AMEX Delta Skymiles - In Progress

YMMV, but I've tried app'ing the same card for the past three months (July, Aug, Sep) and got the same msg.  All ended up being denied (for too many inquiries + too many new open accounts) after like 4 days.  Good luck and hope you get it!

JPM Ritz Carlton $8k I UMP Club $8k I CSP $8k | Chase Hyatt $5k I AMEX Green NPSL I AMEX Delta $2k I Citi AA $2k | C1 QS $4.5k
BOA UNC-CH Alumni $6k I Hawaiian WEMC $3k I Arrival $6.5k I IT $1.5k | Merrill+ $2k | Lowes $12k | Apple $2k | +23more
Scores: EQ:671 (FICO 11) EX:686 (FICO N/C) TU:686 (FICO N/C) *8-5-14*
Overall UTIL: 14% *Gardening Since: 1/20/16*
------------------------------------------------------------
Need to stay out of trouble.... Go Heels!!! ... GC Watchlist ( #1 since 12-12-13)
Message 2 of 29
sghosh5
Valued Contributor

Thanks. Are those scores in your signature current? I see you have CSP. Having that card with those scores is amazing. 

Message 3 of 29
yudeology101
Senior Contributor

@sghosh5 wrote:

Thanks. Are those scores in your signature current? I see you have CSP. Having that card with those scores is amazing. 

Yes these are my current scores.  I was pretty shocked when i was approved for CSP, too.  I just couldn't resisst myself from app'ing for AMEX cards (since they were the last ones I really wanted to add on to my wallet),  I've learned my lesson after getting the same darn denials after app'ing.  I'm gonna wait until next year to reapply. 

JPM Ritz Carlton $8k I UMP Club $8k I CSP $8k | Chase Hyatt $5k I AMEX Green NPSL I AMEX Delta $2k I Citi AA $2k | C1 QS $4.5k
BOA UNC-CH Alumni $6k I Hawaiian WEMC $3k I Arrival $6.5k I IT $1.5k | Merrill+ $2k | Lowes $12k | Apple $2k | +23more
Scores: EQ:671 (FICO 11) EX:686 (FICO N/C) TU:686 (FICO N/C) *8-5-14*
Overall UTIL: 14% *Gardening Since: 1/20/16*
------------------------------------------------------------
Need to stay out of trouble.... Go Heels!!! ... GC Watchlist ( #1 since 12-12-13)
Message 4 of 29
sghosh5
Valued Contributor

Wow, Thats awesome and proves it needs for us to wait for the perfect time. My goal for next year to apply for CSP when my FREEDOM ages at least 9 months and also my scores go near 700. 

Message 5 of 29
myjourney
Super Contributor

Any update yet?

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 6 of 29
Brusilov
Established Contributor

@myjourney wrote:

Any update yet?

Of course YMMV, but do you know if you got CR pulls on all 3?  I was a little borderline the times I apped, first and 2nd were EX only and immediate decline.  3rd time they pulled all three, just needed to verify some information over the phone, and was approved at that point.

Message 7 of 29
sghosh5
Valued Contributor

No update yet. Dont see any pull on any of my reports yet. I did apply for BCE earlier this month though and got denied saying too low credit score.

Message 8 of 29
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Earlier this month? If it hasn't been 30 days they won't even pull your cr
Message 9 of 29
myjourney
Super Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:
Earlier this month? If it hasn't been 30 days they won't even pull your cr

+1 correct

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 10 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.