Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Applied for Amazon visa and....

tag
shalane85
Frequent Contributor

Applied for Amazon visa and....

I applied for amazon visa with chase and I wasnt instantly approved but this message popped up.

Unfortunately, we are unable to provide you with an immediate decision about your application, as it requires further review. This process can take from a few days to two weeks, occasionally longer during peak periods. However, we will notify you in writing about the status of your application within 30 days. If you have any questions about your application, please call Chase at 1-888-247-4080.

Is this a nice way of saying YOU'RE DENIED? I know I shouldnt apply for anymore credit but I just wanted to see if Chase would give me a chance.

Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20
WhirledPeasPlease
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Applied for Amazon visa and....

Here's my Chase Amazon Visa story.

Don't give up -- Chase is awesome w/ recon.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
From 700 in 2008 to 498 in 2012...
4/23/12 -- BK 13 date of filing EQ = 505
4/18/12 -- EQ 498
12/5/13 -- EQ 669
Here we go.... back on track.
Message 2 of 21
Schoolbuskid
Valued Contributor

Yea  i am pretty sure that means denied! You better start writing a recon letter now! Good Luck!
Rebuilding and Reducing Debt, is my game plan.
Message 3 of 21
shalane85
Frequent Contributor

You know I called the backdoor number and she told me that I would have been approved had it not been for a late payment on my auto loan last December. I explained to her that GMAC said that they would remove it off of my credit report but as of yet they havent done so nor have I recieved anything in the mail. I guess I will call GMAC in the morning. She said that if it wasnt for that she would approve me. Go figure.
Message 4 of 21
Schoolbuskid
Valued Contributor

Wow that sucks! I assume your scores are mid 600's? Whats your util like? Man i wish they would have just went ahead and approved you.

GMAC shouldnt have no problems forgiving anything, with all that money they have been borrowing!

Message Edited by Schoolbuskid on 03-11-2009 06:01 PM
Rebuilding and Reducing Debt, is my game plan.
Message 5 of 21
shalane85
Frequent Contributor

My scores are actually  595. My overally util is 34%. The main thing that knocked my score down was a collection that popped out of nowhere, I paid it but they wont remove it, and I just bought a house last September so maybe I have to much credit/debt. Its okay I will try again as soon as GMAC takes the late off of my report. Wishe me luck.
Message 6 of 21
shalane85
Frequent Contributor

WPP has inspired me to not give up. So I'll lay low for a while.
Message 7 of 21
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

WAIT. you have a 595 and chase said they only declined you because of 1 late???

Is this like the easiest Chase card to get???

Please fill me in, who has the lowest score that has been approved for this??? 

Message 8 of 21
score_building
Senior Contributor

i thought it was kinda tough to get.  denied with a 674 a couple of years ago (i went with the amazon store card instead)
DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 9 of 21
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@score_building wrote:
i thought it was kinda tough to get.  denied with a 674 a couple of years ago (i went with the amazon store card instead)
how easy is that to get? can't even find it on the site tonight

Message 10 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.