Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Applied for Amex Green, Accepted!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Applied for Amex Green, Accepted!

I've been lurking these forums for a few months now and have learned alot from you guys.  Thank you.  

EQ is 709,  EX is 715.  Credit established in February 2008 (9 months).  I have 1 Chase Mastercard.  

Applied a few minutes ago and got approved!  But I got this message:

Should I call them instead?  I wonder what it could be.  My 'landline' is VoIP, maybe that could be it?  

Message 1 of 9
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Miner
Frequent Contributor

Re: Applied for Amex Green, Accepted!

They probably want to verify your indentity or something.  I never get that since I've lived at the same address for almost 12 years and have a long credit history.  If you have a number, you can call them and take care of it or wait to see if they contact you.  Either way, as long as they can be satisfied, you will get it.

Congrats on the green card by the way!!!!   I just got a gold card myself last week.

Message Edited by Miner on 10-21-2008 08:09 PM
Current FICO8: EQ:782, TU:754, EX:767 | 1x 30 day late 6yrs ago
AAoA: 10 years; AAoOA: 13 months; Credit Length: 21 years
INQ Eq: 3 / Tu: 5 (4 for auto) / Ex: 9 (5 for auto)
Message 2 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Miner
Frequent Contributor

They probably want to verify your indentity or something.  I never get that since I've lived at the same address for almost 12 years and have a long credit history.  If you have a number, you can call them and take care of it or wait to see if they contact you.  Either way, as long as they can be satisfied, you will get it.

Congrats on the green card by the way!!!!   I just got a gold card myself last week.

Message Edited by Miner on 10-21-2008 08:09 PM
Current FICO8: EQ:782, TU:754, EX:767 | 1x 30 day late 6yrs ago
AAoA: 10 years; AAoOA: 13 months; Credit Length: 21 years
INQ Eq: 3 / Tu: 5 (4 for auto) / Ex: 9 (5 for auto)
Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats-

The only "instant" approval I got with AMEX was my first- the delta.

Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks guys.  Ok I called and got my address verified by picking up my house phone.  I thought they'd ask for a bill or something.  I'm now 'formally' approved.  Now comes the hard part: waiting for the card =[
Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your approval!

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a question and I'm guessing its been answered thousands of times but my searching skills are horrendous... How will a charge card affect my score since theres 'no limit'? 
Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

amin182 wrote:
I have a question and I'm guessing its been answered thousands of times but my searching skills are horrendous... How will a charge card affect my score since theres 'no limit'? 

Amex charge cards do not count in utilization, so you can let a balance report and it won't hurt your score one bit.  Otherwise, the account will affect your scores the same way any other new credit card would (regarding age of accounts and so on).

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

it will count is "account with a balance" but as the Cheddar said- it won't count in UTL except on the legacy TU FICO version-
Message 8 of 9
Bella1980
Established Contributor

Congrats!

Starting Score: TU- 682, EQ- 698, EX- 713
Current Score: TU- 723, EQ- 747, EX- 737
Goal Score: 760 PLUS FICO's

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.