Re: Applied for Amex Hilton Honors

Message 21 of 30
dodgerslv
Valued Contributor

@lionsfan20 wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

@lionsfan20 wrote:

as I said earlier , theres something your not being honest about. I have over 50k in student loans and still have all 730-750 scores. Either youhave to much cc debt , too many inquiries , past collections or lates , or too many new cards , something is affecting your score and it definately aint student loans.

I don't think they are that new anymore and MANY closed but young use to have over $100k from GE.

while I love a good 700+ score I have seen low 600's get more credit than a thinner 700's file... it's all relative depending what else you got going on... doesn't mean bad credit though or baddies for that matter.

you completely missed the point. My point is that with all his credit and no baddies , his scores should easily be in the mid 7's. Hes definately not being truthful about something because thweres no reason his sciore shouldnt be higher , obviously without any baddies. Then he cklaimed it was low because of student loans which I then stated that I have over 50k in sl and still mid 7 scores. The point being , he got denied for a reason and hes  not being hones about it , which is perfectly fine considering its none of out business. Im just using common sense to say that no way his scores shuld be that low.

you cannot possibly compare your profile with youngs. My father has no baddies, about 20% utilization, AAoA over 5 years and EQ score of 668. I have 2 old chargeoffs, AAoA around 4 years, about 12% and my EQ score is 698. So i would assume my fathers score should be around mine or even higher but why isnt it? the mysteries of credit...

gardening since 5/21/2016
Message 22 of 30
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@dodgerslv wrote:

@lionsfan20 wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

@lionsfan20 wrote:

as I said earlier , theres something your not being honest about. I have over 50k in student loans and still have all 730-750 scores. Either youhave to much cc debt , too many inquiries , past collections or lates , or too many new cards , something is affecting your score and it definately aint student loans.

I don't think they are that new anymore and MANY closed but young use to have over $100k from GE.

while I love a good 700+ score I have seen low 600's get more credit than a thinner 700's file... it's all relative depending what else you got going on... doesn't mean bad credit though or baddies for that matter.

you completely missed the point. My point is that with all his credit and no baddies , his scores should easily be in the mid 7's. Hes definately not being truthful about something because thweres no reason his sciore shouldnt be higher , obviously without any baddies. Then he cklaimed it was low because of student loans which I then stated that I have over 50k in sl and still mid 7 scores. The point being , he got denied for a reason and hes  not being hones about it , which is perfectly fine considering its none of out business. Im just using common sense to say that no way his scores shuld be that low.

you cannot possibly compare your profile with youngs. My father has no baddies, about 20% utilization, AAoA over 5 years and EQ score of 668. I have 2 old chargeoffs, AAoA around 4 years, about 12% and my EQ score is 698. So i would assume my fathers score should be around mine or even higher but why isnt it? the mysteries of credit...

+1

Exactly.  And, if young wanted to be dishonest about something (which he's not) he could've said he was "approved", yet he shared the results of the oucome as they happened to be.  After all, this is an internet forum right?

Message 23 of 30
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@lionsfan20 wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

@lionsfan20 wrote:

In the spirit of ringing in a New Year, let's start off in a more supportive tone.  Whether OP is being honest or not - it's is his business.

As this is an Internet forum,  there is no way of telling if the members that claim to be approved for high CL's on sub- 600 scores are being honest either. 

In the end, those who tend to embellish will be 'outed' but there isn't any reason to continue to dwell on young's honesty. 

Message 24 of 30
lionsfan20
Regular Contributor

dodgers , although I dont doubt the validity of your assertion , once again using common sense , I would have to say your dad's score is low for a reason other than you stated.This isnt magic and no , credit is not a mystery. If you have a good aaoa  , no baddies and not a rediculous amount of debt or new tradeliens , your score should be in the 7's. I dont see how you think scores depend on the people , like its a complete chance or randomness to the formulation of a score. If thats the case , then two people with the exact same profile could have completely different scores?. No , they could be a few points off , but not 50.

Message 25 of 30
dodgerslv
Valued Contributor

@lionsfan20 wrote:

dodgers , although I dont doubt the validity of your assertion , once again using common sense , I would have to say your dad's score is low for a reason other than you stated.This isnt magic and no , credit is not a mystery. If you have a good aaoa  , no baddies and not a rediculous amount of debt or new tradeliens , your score should be in the 7's. I dont see how you think scores depend on the people , like its a complete chance or randomness to the formulation of a score. If thats the case , then two people with the exact same profile could have completely different scores?. No , they could be a few points off , but not 50.

well i didnt mean to say it depended on the person but the person's credit, there is alot that is involved in each individuals but i am commenting on how you question why younds credit score is only what it is when comparing it to yours it should be be higher so you are comparing an individuals personal score. and i agree, credit is not a mystery but a scores could be, thats why each person has a different score even though their credit profile could be the same. Oh well, there is no point keeping at this cuz at the end, most of us here are to improve or learn about credit among other things.

gardening since 5/21/2016
Message 26 of 30
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

LOL the FICO scoring formula is a big secret anywho.
I wish my score were higher!! Lol trust me.
The reasons for denial included "too many requests for credit" "too many new accounts"
I've already mentioned this myself as well as documented it here in this forum... No lying lol. The majority of my prime cards were opened in the past two years. The only "prime " card i had prior to March 2012 was that old crappy Capital One Platinum with a $1300 cl and a Paypal Extras MC with a $4400 cl (iirc)!

Actually... I WAS APPROVED FOR THE HILTON AMEX!!! $1,000,000 credit line wooo hoooooo!!!!!

(That last one is a lie!) lol
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 27 of 30
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

Haha^

Bummer about the denial. The reasons always seem so random. I was barely approved if it helps.
Message 28 of 30
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Lol just saw your post you little app'er you!!!! 'Grats on yours!!
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 29 of 30
Walt_K
Senior Contributor

@youngandcreditwrthy wrote:
LOL the FICO scoring formula is a big secret anywho.
I wish my score were higher!! Lol trust me.
The reasons for denial included "too many requests for credit" "too many new accounts"
I've already mentioned this myself as well as documented it here in this forum... No lying lol. The majority of my prime cards were opened in the past two years. The only "prime " card i had prior to March 2012 was that old crappy Capital One Platinum with a $1300 cl and a Paypal Extras MC with a $4400 cl (iirc)!

Actually... I WAS APPROVED FOR THE HILTON AMEX!!! $1,000,000 credit line wooo hoooooo!!!!!

(That last one is a lie!) lol

No way this is true.  I have it on good authority that you cannot get a limit above $30K without a 4506T.  Smiley Wink

Starting Score: ~500 (12/01/2008)
Current Score: EQ 681 (04/05/13); TU 98 728 (01/06/12), TU 08? 760 (provided by Barclay 1/2/14), TU 04 728 (lender pull 01/12/12); EX 742 (lender pull 01/12/12)
Goal Score: 720

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 30 of 30
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.