Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Applied for Amex Hilton Honors

tag
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Applied for Amex Hilton Honors

So I had an itch and needed to app for something. I still have my eyes on Marriott Premier, but a new Amex would get backdated and be a SP if denied.
I got the "in progress" response. Aaaand it says it will be 10-12 days. I called the New Accounts line, and they are closed today :-(

A few questions:
This card would get backdated to January of my original member year, right? Got my first Amex 10/2012... So if approved, this new account will be backdated to 01/2012, right? That's a two year account added to my CR! I'll take it!!
Anyone know a number I can call to get it processed now? Guess I don't mind waiting til tomorrow.

I feel like it will be a denial since I've always gotten instant approvals with Amex!! :-(
I already have $30k+ in credit with Amex. I always pif though and currently only owe like
$700 out of all that. I wanted the easy 50,000 Hilton points! Lol

What can I do to find out the status NOW!!! It kind of defeats the purpose to even apply if I don't get an instant approval!!! Ugh.
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 1 of 30
29 REPLIES 29
LearningMoreAboutCredit
Frequent Contributor

Re: Applied for Amex Hilton Honors

@youngandcreditwrthy wrote:
So I had an itch and needed to app for something. I still have my eyes on Marriott Premier, but a new Amex would get backdated and be a SP if denied.
I got the "in progress" response. Aaaand it says it will be 10-12 days. I called the New Accounts line, and they are closed today :-(

A few questions:
This card would get backdated to January of my original member year, right? Got my first Amex 10/2012... So if approved, this new account will be backdated to 01/2012, right? That's a two year account added to my CR! I'll take it!! This is correct.
Anyone know a number I can call to get it processed now? Guess I don't mind waiting til tomorrow. Remember, this is a holiday. That dept may be closed today. There is always tomorrow.Smiley Wink

I feel like it will be a denial since I've always gotten instant approvals with Amex!! :-( Oh yee of little faith.
I already have $30k+ in credit with Amex. I always pif though and currently only owe like

What can I do to find out the status NOW!!! It kind of defeats the purpose to even apply if I don't get an instant approval!!! Ugh.

As for the status you can check here: https://www262.americanexpress.com/eaol/welcome.do

Any advice given is always YMMV...

Current FICOs: 740+ across the board | Goal: >760 FICO | Total CLs: $63.3k/$60k Goal | Utilization: 19% | Last App: 05/01/2014 | INQ: EX: 10, EQ: 8, TU: 5, All Expire 06/2016; No Collections/Charge Offs/BK's | AAoA: 7yrs.
| All Reports Frozen!!! | No Apps til 12/2015 | Homeowner since: 06/28/13 | White Whales: Marriott Rewards, Discover IT, Sallie Mae WMC, Sams MC
Message 2 of 30
colinstu
Regular Contributor

Were you already logged into their site when you applied? I hear you don't get new account bonuses if you already have cards from them (in reality, when you're logged in when apping). 

And as far as backdating, they don't always do it automatically to new cards. You might need to contact them and ask about getting your Member By date corrected (don't ever mention "backdating"). 

FICOs: TU 775 | EQ 784 | EX 773
Amex BCE $15,000 | Discover IT $11,600 | Chase Freedom $7,000 (Visa Sig) | Citi DoubleCash $6,000 (WEMC) | Chase AARP $6,000 | Barclaycard CashForward $4,000 | Barclaycard Rewards $2,000 | Capital One Quicksilver $1,750
Message 3 of 30
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

A few questions:
This card would get backdated to January of my original member year, right? Got my first Amex 10/2012... So if approved, this new account will be backdated to 01/2012, right? That's a two year account added to my CR! I'll take it!!
Anyone know a number I can call to get it processed now? Guess I don't mind waiting til tomorrow.

I feel like it will be a denial since I've always gotten instant approvals with Amex!! :-(

Unfortunately, you're not going to get a human on the phone to discuss it right now.  I'd say sleep on it and wait until tomorrow to find out.  I know you're going to be checking the app status every 15 minutes but it's not gonna kill it...LOL.  Now you know AMEX can be tricky with their apps sometimes, so maybe further review?

While we're at it, why don't we get you started with an app for the Chase Marriott?  Smiley Tongue

Message 4 of 30
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@FinStar wrote:

A few questions:

Unfortunately, you're not going to get a human on the phone to discuss it right now.  I'd say sleep on it and wait until tomorrow to find out.  I know you're going to be checking the app status every 15 minutes but it's not gonna kill it...LOL.  Now you know AMEX can be tricky with their apps sometimes, so maybe further review?

While we're at it, why don't we get you started with an app for the Chase Marriott?  Smiley Tongue

FinStar, that tool shed is getting lonely. 

Message 5 of 30
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

Yeah I went for a 75k offer this morning and mine is in-progress too.  FWIW, my BCE and Delta cards also weren't instantly approved and I wouldn't be totally bummed if this one isn't approved, but a backdate to Jan 1998 wouldn't be a bad way to start 2014 in my case.

Message 6 of 30
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@09Lexie wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

A few questions:

Awww Lexie.... but, but, but...wasn't young already in the Marriott app spirit already?  Smiley Tongue   Ok, I'll bite just because he had a change of heart on that one.  So, what about this one?  Can you help him get it processed sooner?  LOL. 

Message 7 of 30
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@FinStar wrote:

@09Lexie wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

A few questions:

Awww Lexie.... but, but, but...wasn't young already in the Marriott app spirit already?  Smiley Tongue   Ok, I'll bite just because he had a change of heart on that one.  So, what about this one?  Can you help him get it processed sooner?  LOL. 

Unfortunately, no. He'll have to wait his turn.  I bet the poor little computers at Amex are workung overtime. 

Message 8 of 30
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Lol!!! Everyone's trying to get their backdating!!!
So...
It was DENIED!!!! What?!?!!? Ugh!
I wish I had a 75k offer.. Wouldn't matter though lol

They based it on a soft pull from November 23rd (what a loooooooong time ago!!)! I've lowered util and rec'd a few clis since then!! Crazy Amex!! They said my Exp was 691.
Oh well, I'm still happy with Amex. I've received in excess of $1500 worth of bonuses and rewards on about $10-15k worth of spend since opening my first BCE in Oct 2012!! Yuh!
I still want Marriot but after this denial ...not so much. Once all three of my FICOs hit 700+, I'll do it to it though.
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 9 of 30
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Lol!!! Everyone's trying to get their backdating!!!
So...
It was DENIED!!!! What?!?!!? Ugh!
I wish I had a 75k offer.. Wouldn't matter though lol

They based it on a soft pull from November 23rd (what a loooooooong time ago!!)! I've lowered util and rec'd a few clis since then!! Crazy Amex!! They said my Exp was 691.
Oh well, I'm still happy with Amex. I've received in excess of $1500 worth of bonuses and rewards on about $10-15k worth of spend since opening my first BCE in Oct 2012!! Yuh!
I still want Marriot but after this denial ...not so much. Once all three of my FICOs hit 700+, I'll do it to it though.

Ouch!  I was hoping you would be approved.  

Hopefully, in a few months the offer will still be around. 

Message 10 of 30
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.