cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Applied for Chase Freedom Plus(Cash)

tag
FretlessMayhem
Senior Contributor

Re: Applied for Chase Freedom Plus(Cash)

I'm thinking about product changing to this card. This is the one with the $30 AF right? And you get 3 percent back on 6 categories rather than 3?

Also, does Chase have a website similar to shopamex.com or shopdiscover.com? 

Here we go again...
Message 11 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Congratulations!  You definitely got the Signature version.

Chase Freedom Plus was a great choice, as well.  I've often wondered why more people don't go for the "Plus" version.

$100 first purchase bonus (as opposed to $50)

No bonus earnings cap (as opposed to max of $12 a month)

Bonus earning on top 6 monthly spending categories (as opposed to the top 3)

WTG!

Don't forget the $30 AF for the program...

I just use 2 Freedom cards, one exclusively for gas, groceries and drugstores, and the other for everything else, so I end up getting bonus earnings in the top 6 categories without the fee.  Yes, there is still the cap, but I rarely hit it.  And the bonus is one-time, so 2 years later, it makes no difference if I got $50 or $100 (I don't think I got anything!)

Message 12 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yep, for the $30 rewards program AF (as opposed to a general account access AF, you get 6 categories rather than 3, elimination of monthly or annual rewards caps and expiration dates, and most often, a waiver of the AF for Year 1. Some folks have also posted that they managed to snag the $100 bonus for account trades, but they told me that wasn't allowed outright - did still give me the AF waiver, though.

For any of their rewards cards, you can get up to 15% back at Chase Rewards Plus, which is accessible from your account pages mainly.

Message 13 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Actually, I got a $100 bonus just by ASKING for it!  I asked if I could get it if I upgraded to Plus, or if they could give me a link where I could app for a new account, and they said they didn't have anytihng for me but as a show of good faith would give me the $100!  I'm going to wait till it's at $200 (at about $140 now) and take the $250.
Message 14 of 20
ccsauer
Contributor

psychic and jaxstraw, I know this was 4+ months ago, but I was searching for an answer about the chase rewards plus, and found this thread. My question is: How long does it take for the Plus rewards to show up, and are they counted in the same place as the rest of the rewards? I just bought an $800+ airline ticket through hotwire (4% bonus) by going to the chase plus site, clicking on the link to hotwire, and buying the ticket in that session...should that work?

Please let me know if I ddi anything wrong, of if any of you have had any issues since november getting credit. this was 2-3 weeks ago, and I haven't seen credit yet.

Thank you!

Message 15 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

With going through the website for additional rewards, it seems to be dependent on the merchant.  Zappos will post the bonus rewards within 2-3 days, about the same time it takes for the transaction to post.  Overstock.com took about a month.  I think Chase says to wait two to three statements.

I'd call or email hotwire and ask them about it.  Overstock took so long that I called and they had nothing in there system about it so they credited my Overstock account the amount I told them I should have gotten, and then it showed up on my Chase account.

Message 16 of 20
psychic
Moderator Emeritus

Hi ccsauer!

Did you check your "Chase Rewards Plus Activity" on your Chase online account?  To do this:

• On the "My Accounts" page, click "See rewards details."
  • On the "Rewards Details" page, find the heading "Earn Bonus Rewards With Chase Rewards Plus."  Then click "See Chase Rewards Plus Activity."

Chase notes that new transactions may take up to 8 weeks to appear on the Rewards Plus Activity page.  I've found that generally rewards take about 2-14 days to appear.

I've had problems on 2 occasions with rewards not being credited to my rewards totals.  I waited about 7 1/2 weeks before contacting Chase about each problem.  In fact, I just called them last week about a January Chase Rewards Plus transaction not appearing on my statement.  You can call the regular Chase Customer Service number on the back of your card, or contact their Rewards Department at 1-800-603-2265.

Let us know what happens!

EQ 814 / TU 815 / EX 842
Message 17 of 20
ccsauer
Contributor

Yeah, I see where to check for it, thanks for the check-in, though! I'll just have to be patient (something I'm not very good at!).

Thanks for the reply! I'll let you know when I see something. 

Message 18 of 20
psychic
Moderator Emeritus

I can see why you'd be anxious, given you're expecting quite a sizeable reward for that transaction!

EQ 814 / TU 815 / EX 842
Message 19 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Mike, I'm having same problem with overstock.com chase rewards plus not posting to my account for 5 days of worth of transations in early Feb- I do have rewards posted after that date for overtock so something seems wrong for those 5 days bypassed. How did you make out with your situation? Did you call chase? were they any help? .. I called them twice and they said they would check into but that was 2 weeks ago. Wondering if I'm just out of luck so there is no evidence really..  Any insight is appreciated.. Dave
Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.