cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Applied for Chase Freedom... unable to verify ID?

tag
mrfarias
Established Member

Re: Applied for Chase Freedom... unable to verify ID?

what u think this process means? 

24 years old..

[ Chase Freedom - $2,500 l Capital One Secured - $300 l Capital One Platinum - $750 l Discover IT - $1,200 l Express NEXT - $900 ]

TU Score: +722 as of 04/11/13
EX Score: +666 as of 04/11/13
[2013 Goals: To be a homeowner, Get AMEX BCE, Cancel Cap1's]
Message 11 of 51
enharu
Super Contributor

@kchui1028 wrote:

Just curious though..

How do Chase get the message that a fraud alert is off from my credit report without a second pull?

Do you know??

from what i have read most of the time they need to do a 2nd pull to know that a fraud alert is indeed off. I am not sure if they can see it through a SP.

there's also no reason to take it off. just fax them your driver's license, ssn card or passport and whatever they need, and it will be fine. it's just going to take a while. your application is still going to be regarded and judged fairly like everyone's else.

@mrfarias wrote:

what u think this process means? 

this process is for them to make sure it is indeed you that is applying for the card, not someone else.

it's just a security measure.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 12 of 51
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

I'm sorry but I just don't understand why apply with a fraud alert? Or at the very least be prepared to send in your identification.
Message 13 of 51
kchui1028
Contributor

the Chase lending office is closed when i called the # again.

Will try tomorrow to see if they will let me fax them my identifications for verification instead.. still i have already sent the request to Equifax already.. and I really don't need the fraud alert, its added a few years back when i disputed everything lol.

but i guess if they can verify it, it will save me 1 hard pull from the report. 

Message 14 of 51
newportguy
Frequent Contributor

@kchui1028 wrote:

the Chase lending office is closed when i called the # again.

Will try tomorrow to see if they will let me fax them my identifications for verification instead.. still i have already sent the request to Equifax already.. and I really don't need the fraud alert, its added a few years back when i disputed everything lol.

but i guess if they can verify it, it will save me 1 hard pull from the report. 

How did you send the Request to EQ?

Current Score: myFico EQ - 794 ( 11/ 29/2012 ) amexFico EX - 787 (10/15/2012) myFico TU - 780 (11/29/2012) Credit Sesame - 809 (02/04/2013) Goal Score * 800 Club *
****** Garden Club Member -- Last HP Jan 3rd 2013 *******
*** Amex - BCP 10 K * PenFed - CR 5 K * Amex - GDSM 5 K *
Discover - IT 5 K ***** NO MORE APPS FOR ME IN 2013 *****
Message 15 of 51
kchui1028
Contributor

just print out a letter requesting EQ to take the fraud alert off my report, along with my name, ssn, address, DOB and signed it, then attached my SS card and my driver license copies.. and mail it priority to the PO Box address.

Message 16 of 51
newportguy
Frequent Contributor

@kchui1028 wrote:

just print out a letter requesting EQ to take the fraud alert off my report, along with my name, ssn, address, DOB and signed it, then attached my SS card and my driver license copies.. and mail it priority to the PO Box address.

This may help if you have a EQ report number !!!!  I had a fraud alert on my EQ Report and i was able to get it removed over the phone with them. All i had to do was answer a few questions on my report and they removed it on the spot.

Current Score: myFico EQ - 794 ( 11/ 29/2012 ) amexFico EX - 787 (10/15/2012) myFico TU - 780 (11/29/2012) Credit Sesame - 809 (02/04/2013) Goal Score * 800 Club *
Message 17 of 51
kchui1028
Contributor

No kiddin!! I am looking for my EQ report # but i requested the FICO report from EQ here and I don't see it.

I used to order my report with FAKO score from EQ directly so i know what you talking about.

Is there a report # available when you ordered the FICO report from here? If not, I will definitely try to order one from EQ and then call them to get the fraud alert off. 

Message 18 of 51
newportguy
Frequent Contributor

@kchui1028 wrote:

No kiddin!! I am looking for my EQ report # but i requested the FICO report from EQ here and I don't see it.

I used to order my report with FAKO score from EQ directly so i know what you talking about.

Is there a report # available when you ordered the FICO report from here? If not, I will definitely try to order one from EQ and then call them to get the fraud alert off. 

i don't have my FICO report with me at the moment, so i don't know! It should have the number. But when you do get the number just call them. Here's a direct line to EQ 1-800-203-7843

Message 19 of 51
kchui1028
Contributor

awesome.. man thanks for the advice.

I ordered the free trial from Equifax, the Equifax Complete™ Advantage Plan.

I saw all 3 scores way above 700.. man i wish they were my real FICO scores! LOL

Anyway.. i was able to submit a dispute (sort of) to add my day time, night time and cellphone # and submitted them online.

And then I called the # and talked to a representative "edit" and get the guy to help me submitted another request for the phone number and he said it'll be available in 24 hours.

If everything goes well and the phone number shows up on my report. I will give Chase a call again and hope 3rd time is a charm!

Message 20 of 51
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.