cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Applied for Chase Freedom... unable to verify ID?

tag
enharu
Super Contributor

Re: Applied for Chase Freedom... unable to verify ID?

@kchui1028 wrote:

awesome.. man thanks for the advice.

I ordered the free trial from Equifax, the Equifax Complete™ Advantage Plan.

I saw all 3 scores way above 700.. man i wish they were my real FICO scores! LOL

Anyway.. i was able to submit a dispute (sort of) to add my day time, night time and cellphone # and submitted them online.

And then I called the # and talked to a representative "edit" and get the guy to help me submitted another request for the phone number and he said it'll be available in 24 hours.

If everything goes well and the phone number shows up on my report. I will give Chase a call again and hope 3rd time is a charm!

your real fico scores shouldnt be way off.

so i think you should be approved eventually. just submit the documents.

And most chase reps are US based. They're starting to announce (at least for me) where they're from, kinda like Discover. And not sure if that's intended, but don't be racist lol.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 21 of 51
newportguy
Frequent Contributor

@kchui1028 wrote:

awesome.. man thanks for the advice.

I ordered the free trial from Equifax, the Equifax Complete™ Advantage Plan.

I saw all 3 scores way above 700.. man i wish they were my real FICO scores! LOL

Anyway.. i was able to submit a dispute (sort of) to add my day time, night time and cellphone # and submitted them online.

And then I called the # and talked to a representative "edit" and get the guy to help me submitted another request for the phone number and he said it'll be available in 24 hours.

If everything goes well and the phone number shows up on my report. I will give Chase a call again and hope 3rd time is a charm!

Glad i was able to help!!!! Let me know the outcome

Current Score: myFico EQ - 794 ( 11/ 29/2012 ) amexFico EX - 787 (10/15/2012) myFico TU - 780 (11/29/2012) Credit Sesame - 809 (02/04/2013) Goal Score * 800 Club *
****** Garden Club Member -- Last HP Jan 3rd 2013 *******
*** Amex - BCP 10 K * PenFed - CR 5 K * Amex - GDSM 5 K *
Discover - IT 5 K ***** NO MORE APPS FOR ME IN 2013 *****
Message 22 of 51
kchui1028
Contributor

Ok. I checked the dispute page and saw that they have added the phone numbers in fraud alert on my credit report.

So I immediately called the backdoor # for Chase to see if I can get my application approved.

After I explained the situation with the guy and told him that they added the contact info in Equifax Report today. He told me I needed to wait 2 weeks time before Chase could get an updated credit report on my application and so I'd have to call back 2 weeks later.

I'd like to get some more advices from all of you who'd been so helpful already.. Is that the normal process? should I call the # again to talk to another person? Can they pull another report for another hard pull? (I have no INQ for 2012 and this is my first INQ for 2013 and i'm not gonna apply for another card if this get approved)

Please help me out a bit more! THANKS!!

Message 23 of 51
kchui1028
Contributor

ok So I called again and the person I talked to did another pull for the EQ report and told me he still don't see the phone numbers on the Fraud Alert.

Even though I can see the phone numbers showing on my credit report in the "personal information" section on the dispute page.

Then he adviced me the same that I have to wait 14 days before it will show up on their side...  

It's good that I also sent in the request to get rid of the fraud alert, what a hassle it brought me. Smiley Tongue

Message 24 of 51
newportguy
Frequent Contributor

@kchui1028 wrote:

ok So I called again and the person I talked to did another pull for the EQ report and told me he still don't see the phone numbers on the Fraud Alert.

Even though I can see the phone numbers showing on my credit report in the "personal information" section on the dispute page.

Then he adviced me the same that I have to wait 14 days before it will show up on their side...  

It's good that I also sent in the request to get rid of the fraud alert, what a hassle it brought me. Smiley Tongue

The best thing to do is call EQ and have them remove the fraud alert if you don't want it on your report. They can remove it with a phone call. As for Chase, i don't know why they could not see the phone # with the  new pull. Guess you will have to wait the 14 days

Current Score: myFico EQ - 794 ( 11/ 29/2012 ) amexFico EX - 787 (10/15/2012) myFico TU - 780 (11/29/2012) Credit Sesame - 809 (02/04/2013) Goal Score * 800 Club *
****** Garden Club Member -- Last HP Jan 3rd 2013 *******
*** Amex - BCP 10 K * PenFed - CR 5 K * Amex - GDSM 5 K *
Discover - IT 5 K ***** NO MORE APPS FOR ME IN 2013 *****
Message 25 of 51
kchui1028
Contributor

Yeah I called Equifax, they said it could take a day or two.. but defniitely not 14 days SMH..

i also see that the mail i sent for the request to take off fraud alert has reached their PO BOX (USPS tracking)

I have no idea how often they check mail or how long it will take for them to take care of business and get the fraud alert off...

Maybe I should try again in 2 week just in case.

Message 26 of 51
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

And Chase will do another Hp? How many is that now?
Message 27 of 51
kchui1028
Contributor

Yeah I called Equifax, they said it could take a day or two.. but defniitely not 14 days SMH..

i also see that the mail i sent for the request to take off fraud alert has reached their PO BOX (USPS tracking)

I have no idea how often they check mail or how long it will take for them to take care of business and get the fraud alert off...

Maybe I should try again in 2 week just in case.

CHASE has done another HP from what the guy said.. since he said he did another pull and couldn't find the phone number in fraud alert.

So there was one when applying for the freedom card and another one today. 2 so far this year.  did not have any INQ in 2012.

Message 28 of 51
enharu
Super Contributor

I think it's going to be 3 on 1 bureau for the OP. more inquiries in total if they pull from more than 1 bureau. kinda a big ouch. Maybe you can try get chase to remove it after you are approved.

Best of luck!
JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 29 of 51
kchui1028
Contributor

Yeah I will try to do that even though I donno if Chase CAN do that.. 

In all seriousness, if i get approved for the freedom card, I won't be applying for any other card for the rest of the year except maybe a target card or a store card.

Message 30 of 51
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.