cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Applied for Chase Freedom... unable to verify ID?

tag
kchui1028
Contributor

Re: Applied for Chase Freedom... unable to verify ID?

I pulled an updated EQ updated report as of 4/5/13 since I got the 30 days free trial.

I see all these under personal information of the report... I crossed out all my personal info for obvious reason.

Other Identification

You have no other identification on file.

Employment History

You have no Employment History on file.

Alert(s)

File Blocked For Promotional Purposes

Fraud Alert

File Blocked For Promotional Purposes

File Blocked for Promotional Purposes

Expiration Date:05/28/2017 Date Reported:04/03/2013 
Address: Phone:Daytime  (xxx) xxx-xxxxx
Phone:Evening (xxx) xxx-xxxxPhone:Cellular (xxx) xxx-xxxx
Comments:  

Consumer Statement

You have no Consumer Statement on file.

This is the first time I see it on an actual credit report that I pulled, yesterday morning I saw it under the dispute page that it's updated.

Is it really possible for the bank to not see the updated report if I can pull one from EQ? Do they have delay to get an updated report? somehow i find that hard to believe.. I will have to talk to someone at Chase tomorrow.

Message 31 of 51
enharu
Super Contributor

it is possible for the bank to not be able to see it. you can see it because you are pulling your own report.

you might want to ask EQ if they have processed it yet. Experian can take up 5 business days to process requests. I am not sure about EQ.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 32 of 51
kchui1028
Contributor

Thanks for the reply. I would think that the bank would obviously have a leg up in getting the most updated report with more details than the one I pulled.

I wil check with EQ and see what's up. Under the fraud alert and the phone number, i see "

Date Reported:

04/03/2013 

which was changed from a date in 2011 so i thought that it has definitely been reported on my CR.

Message 33 of 51
mxp114
Valued Contributor

I can't read all the pages so if I am repeating info, sorry. That's an extended fraud alert, to remove it you need to fax/mail in the required dox. Otherwise you can update the phone number online. It cannot be removed over the phone, the only fraud alert that can is the temporary 90 day one. Chase recycles your CR for 21-30 days, not sure of the time frame off memory. So everytime they "pull," it is just reviewing the same old report that lacks the phone number. You will need to wait until they can pull a new one.

Message 34 of 51
kchui1028
Contributor

DRUMROLL PLZ PEOPLE!

I got approved! for $1000 credit line for the Chase Freedom Visa Card!! just this morning at 6:22AM Smiley Happy GREAT DAY IN THE MORNING!

Me daredevil self wanted to believe that there's no way Chase could not have gotten an updated report as I did. I called again (this time with a different # (1888-245-0625) that also led to the "chase lending service" near 5:AM in the monring, that's about 8AM EST. and got a really nice lady (tip of the day, it seems female representative always seems to be more willing to help out and go the extra mile to get you approved or at least try)

So I basically started off telling her to check on my application. I was immediately disappointed at first when she came back on line and said my application was denied but then she checked and told me its because of the "extended fraud alert" and there's no contact info to reach me. So i just told her that I just got the updated report as of 4/5/13 today and the contact info shows up on my report. I also told her that I saw Chase pulled TU and EX as well and I have contact info with the same phone numbers on my other two reports.

So then after she went back to check, she came back on the line and told me she's gonna have to do a hard pull to get an updated report. (I figured.. hope against hope) and she asked for my # and told me she'd call me back within the hour. (make me wonder if the last guy really did pull another report or not since he came back in like 1 minute and told me still no contact this afternoon)

About 30 minutes passed, i got the call back from her, and she said she's ABLE to get the contact info from the report, and then she asked me a few questions on my report like my last dispute (i don't even remember) so i just told her there's no ongoing dispute. and my paid settlement with the last car loan that was repossessed a few years back. Aside from that, I have 2 years good payment hisotry with my Cap1 card. So then she said from what she's seeing, she'll recommaned an approval with $1000 credit line! Then she went off and came back and said I got approved and i'll have the card and welcome package in two different mails and it'll take 2 weeks to get it.

I was very happy and thank for her effort and I can't wait to get the card in the mail! This will be my first unsecured card from CHASE no less! since my two years history with my Cap1 card, Hopefully i will be able to get an increased Credit line after 6 months or a year of use!

Most of all, Thanks you guys for helping me with your posts!

Message 35 of 51
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

congrats! So how many HP at the end for your card? Enjoy it...it is my favorite oneSmiley Happy For the CLI I would probably wait 12 months to get a better result..but this is just me.
Message 36 of 51
kchui1028
Contributor

Thanks

I believe 2 pulls were done. one from the application, and one from this morning.. however it remains to be seen if there were 3 (whether or not the guy actually pulled a credit report or not yesterday afternoon).

Will my credit score take a dip once my new chase freedom card is on the CR as new credit? I know it will shorten the average credit history somewhat, not that it matters because i don't think i will be looking for any additional credit any time soon.

Message 37 of 51
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Congrats! Yes, your CS will take a dip, from the 2inqs and the new account but it should rebound while you are in the garden!
Message 38 of 51
enharu
Super Contributor

grats!!!!! i'm happy it finally paid off Smiley Very Happy

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 39 of 51
kchui1028
Contributor

**bleep**... I wanted to give Amex green card a try because it's like my dream card that i wanted to get one day! and i figured that I am not gonna wait till there's a chase card on my CR before I do it.. and the first try with the 60 seconds decision...........  BAMMMMMMMMMMM

Congratulations Jonathan XXXXXX,
your application has been approved.
You are now an American Express® Cardmember.

I can't frigging believe this LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Message 40 of 51
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.