Did you mean: 

Applied for Chase Freedom

tag
drkaje
Senior Contributor

Re: Applied for Chase Freedom

@mgeorges wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
Thanks for posting. Although I'm on credit lock down until June of next year, this card is on my wish list.

This card has been on my wish list for a while!

I like the Blueprint feature.

I was wondering if anyone knows if after a year of good history if this card can be upgraded to the sapphire?

Yes. I called Sunday and the answer was basically, keep the Freedom a year and then ask. The rep offered to take an app over the phone but I didn't want to use an Inquiry. I'll wait until August. Smiley Happy

Starting Score: 675
Current Score: EX 753 FICO, EQ 737FICO, TU 738
Goal Score: 776 FICO

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 11 of 13
tntexans72
Valued Contributor

@boomhower wrote:

@mgeorges wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
Thanks for posting. Although I'm on credit lock down until June of next year, this card is on my wish list.

I was wondering if anyone knows if after a year of good history if this card can be upgraded to the sapphire?

I wouldn't call the Sapphire an upgrade, just a different type of card.  They would likely let you PC it at about any point.  Your terms stay the same, it just changes the rewards structure to points instead of cash.  I PC'd from a junk ex-WAMU card to the Freedom with no problem at all.

Sapphire and Sapphire Preferred are NPSL cards....so you do need good credit to apply. A PC is a possibility if your Freedom is a Sig with $5k plus in CL. If your Freedom card is not a Sig and has under $5K spending limit...more than likely, Chase CSR won't approved the PC.

IMO....Sapphire and Sapphire Preferred are upgrade CC over the Freedom/Slate.....only the Sapphire cards that I know as of right now from Chase will offer live customer service when you call in. They are targeting elite customers imo........

I am sure Chase only approved 15% of their applicants for the Sapphire & Sapphire Preferred CCs and that is not alot.

Message 12 of 13
drkaje
Senior Contributor

@tntexans72 wrote:

@boomhower wrote:

@mgeorges wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I wouldn't call the Sapphire an upgrade, just a different type of card.  They would likely let you PC it at about any point.  Your terms stay the same, it just changes the rewards structure to points instead of cash.  I PC'd from a junk ex-WAMU card to the Freedom with no problem at all.

Sapphire and Sapphire Preferred are NPSL cards....so you do need good credit to apply. A PC is a possibility if your Freedom is a Sig with $5k plus in CL. If your Freedom card is not a Sig and has under $5K spending limit...more than likely, Chase CSR won't approved the PC.

IMO....Sapphire and Sapphire Preferred are upgrade CC over the Freedom/Slate.....only the Sapphire cards that I know as of right now from Chase that will offer live customer service you call in. They are targeting elite customers imo........

I am sure Chase only approved 15% of their applicants for the Sapphire & Sapphire Preferred CCs as of right now and that is not alot.

Makes sense. My limit is only $3K.

Starting Score: 675
Current Score: EX 753 FICO, EQ 737FICO, TU 738
Goal Score: 776 FICO

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.