Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Applied for Citi AAdvantage Card....

tag
chucky1234
Contributor

Applied for Citi AAdvantage Card....

Citi® Platinum Select® / AAdvantage® Card(s)

Thank you. We have received your application and further processing is required at this time. You may check back in 24 hours to see if a decision has been determined. We will contact you within 1 week via mail/email regarding our decision. Thank you for requesting a Citi® Platinum Select® / AAdvantage® Card(s).

So I applied last night and received this message. Do you think I will get approved?

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
bahbahd
Established Contributor

Re: Applied for Citi AAdvantage Card....

@chucky1234 wrote:

Thank you. We have received your application and further processing is required at this time. You may check back in 24 hours to see if a decision has been determined. We will contact you within 1 week via mail/email regarding our decision. Thank you for requesting a Citi® Platinum Select® / AAdvantage® Card(s).

So I applied last night and received this message. Do you think I will get approved?

We have no idea. I'd call their backdoor and ask if they need any more information, like if they need to verify who you are or anything.. Keep us posted.

Message 2 of 13
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@chucky1234 wrote:

Citi usually spits out a number to call when they want to verify something, did you see that? I would look around for the app status number in "Backdoor number thread" above and call... it will transfer you to someone.

Message 3 of 13
lskinner4

I had the same response 2 weeks ago, I called (888-201-4523) the next day and the CSR  said I was approved. Good Luck.

Message 4 of 13
justforting
Regular Contributor

I would say, try to call the backdoor numbers as soon as possible.

Last App: 09/17/2013 // No App Until: Mortgage (05/14?)

Cards in my wallet: AMEX BCE ($8000) // CITI AA VISA SIG ($5000) // CHASE FREEDOM ($3500) // DISCOVER IT ($1000) // CAP ONE NC ($1000) // WALMART DISCOVER ($1600)
Credit Scores: FICO TU08 (10/13): 739 // Credit Karma (10/13): 677??!! // Credit Sesame (10/13): 730
Next Goal: CSP (after mortgage probably...)
Message 5 of 13
dodgerslv
Valued Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

@chucky1234 wrote:

Citi usually spits out a number to call when they want to verify something, did you see that? I would look around for the app status number in "Backdoor number thread" above and call... it will transfer you to someone.

+1...i agree, i got the same message when i applied for the TYP and it had the 800 number. Its almost a guaranteed approval once you call. 

gardening since 5/21/2016
Message 6 of 13
chucky1234
Contributor

@justforting wrote:

Thanks! I am going to call this afternoon. I still havent heard anything from them as of yet.

Message 7 of 13
dodgerslv
Valued Contributor

@chucky1234 wrote:

@justforting wrote:

Thanks! I am going to call this afternoon. I still havent heard anything from them as of yet.

did you get an email from them yet regarding the application? It will have a link attached where you can check the status of your application? Unless you declined to receive electronic mail and information they usually send you an email

Message 8 of 13
chucky1234
Contributor

@dodgerslv wrote:

@chucky1234 wrote:

@justforting wrote:

did you get an email from them yet regarding the application? It will have a link attached where you can check the status of your application? Unless you declined to receive electronic mail and information they usually send you an email

Yes, I received an email from them with a link but when I check still shows the following. What should I do? Call?

Message 9 of 13
dodgerslv
Valued Contributor

Yeah...call them. Maybe that will expedite the application. Good luck and keep us posted!

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.