Frequent Contributor

Re: Applied for Citi.

[ Edited ]

trumpet-205 wrote:

TY program is ONLY good when you get Forward/mtvU AND use it on entertainment (video game, movie, DVD rentals, and book store), Amazon.com, and restaurant. If you don't spent a lot on those categories TY program sucks.

Meltdownblitz,

I may ask for a recon. Haven't decided yet. I'd like a card where I can start with a decent balance and actually see it grow. My TD Bank CC hasn't grown beyond the $500 it started with under Commerce. Chase Amazon has a nice CL and now that it's paid down, I can actually reap the rewards benefits. Cap1 finally has a decent CL and they're basically the only "major" to ever give me a CLI, funny right.

Trumpet,

Thanks for clearing that up. Since I have the Chase Amazon, it might not really be worth it. I'm planning to dump netflix soon. I try not to do too much eating, maybe $30 a month.

What's everyone's opinion of the Platinum Select card? I've received tons of "pre-selects" for that. Probably at least two a month. I know many don't hold much stock in Citi pre-select pocess. My scores are decent, but the rep already said they felt I had too much high revolving and two older delinquiencies that were counting against me.

6/9/2008-TransUnion-703
6/9/2008-Equifax-712
6/9/2008 Experian-635

2/16/2011 Transunion - 675
3/11/2011 Equifax - 688
5/13/2011 Equifax - 704
5/28/2011 Equifax - 704
5/28/2011 Transunion - 724
Established Contributor

trumpet-205 wrote:

TY program is ONLY good when you get Forward/mtvU AND use it on entertainment (video game, movie, DVD rentals, and book store), Amazon.com, and restaurant. If you don't spent a lot on those categories TY program sucks.

+1. 

FICO: EX: 743 (10/14); TU: 758 (9/14); EQ 721 (9/14)

In My Wallet: Amex X 5 | Barclays X 3 | BOA X 1 | CapOne X 3 | Chase X 3 | Citi X 7 | DCU X 1 | Discover X 1 | Fidelity X 1 | Fifth Third X 1 | Macys X 1 | PenFed X 1 | PSECU X 1 | Sams Club MC X 1 | Target RedCard X 1 | USAA X 2 | US Bank X 1 | Walmart X 1 | Wells Fargo X 1 = 36 Cards

Holding off apps until the end of the year! Wish me luck!
Established Contributor

Okay, so this morning I decided to apply for this card as I saw another post about the Thankyou features. I read the features on the website, and since I love to eat, and usually spend a little money on entertainment, I've decided to put this card in my wallet. I was instantly approved, 0% Apr for 12 months with 18.99% after, Credit Limit: $5,000.00. I opted to set-up my online account, select paperless statements and all of that. It said that my Experian Credit Score was 769! I was shocked.

Cory

1. American Express Blue Cash Preferred~2. BankAmericard Cash Rewards World MasterCard~3. BankAmericard Travel Rewards Visa Signature ~4. Discover It~5. Citi Forward Visa Signature~6. CCCU MasterCard.
Frequent Contributor

Cory wrote:

Okay, so this morning I decided to apply for this card as I saw another post about the Thankyou features. I read the features on the website, and since I love to eat, and usually spend a little money on entertainment, I've decided to put this card in my wallet. I was instantly approved, 0% Apr for 12 months with 18.99% after, Credit Limit: $5,000.00. I opted to set-up my online account, select paperless statements and all of that. It said that my Experian Credit Score was 769! I was shocked.

Cory

Congrats on the approval Cory.

I didn't ask for a recon, afterall as I was approved for Discover. Not sure if it's too late now. Plus I can't imagine my EXP report improved since I transferred a high balance to the Discover card.

6/9/2008-TransUnion-703
6/9/2008-Equifax-712
6/9/2008 Experian-635

2/16/2011 Transunion - 675
3/11/2011 Equifax - 688
5/13/2011 Equifax - 704
5/28/2011 Equifax - 704
5/28/2011 Transunion - 724
Established Contributor

Thanks for the congrats!

1. American Express Blue Cash Preferred~2. BankAmericard Cash Rewards World MasterCard~3. BankAmericard Travel Rewards Visa Signature ~4. Discover It~5. Citi Forward Visa Signature~6. CCCU MasterCard.
Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.