Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Applied for Costo Amex

tag
sddykstr
Valued Member

Re: Applied for Costo Amex

Since it's AmEx, it should be an EX pull.

Starting Score: 653
Current Score: 721
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 11 of 29
mclaughh
Established Member

That is normal, it will take at least a week. You do not need to apply again.

Message 12 of 29
CHARGE
Valued Member

+1.  I just went through the same thing with them the first of January this year.  They verify your membership with Costco first, which does take an entire week, then AMEX will hard pull your EX.  You should have an answer (email if you signed up) within a few hours from that pull. 

Patience is a virtue but I personally thinks it really sucks to wait ...

Good luck!

TU: 789 - 06/06/2011 | EQ: 790 - 06/29/2011 | EX: 803 - 02/10/2009

What's in my wallet?
Premier Rewards Gold Card from American Express, Citi Costco, Blue Cash Everyday from American Express, BMW Financial Services Visa, Citi Double Cash, Discover More, Delta Community Credit Union Platinum Rewards Visa ....
Message 13 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you all for responding, I appreciate it!

Message 14 of 29
vish1
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Thank you all for responding, I appreciate it!

And take the calendar days easy, it was a long weekend.

Citi Hilton Reserve 22.3K | Citi Thank You 8.2K | CSP 15.5K | Chase Freedom 10K | Chase BA 15K | Chase United 8.5K | Chase Marriott 5K | Discover IT 9K | Club Carlson 13K | Amex SPG 20K | BofA Cash Rewards 11K | BofA Cash Rewards 50K
Message 15 of 29
credithappy
Regular Contributor

I applied for the Amex TrueEarning card at Costco today and I was instanly approved for $6700. I know on some of my past posts I was going to be in the garden. I could not help myself. I am done with applying for ANY CC's this year. I am very happy!!!!!!!
Amex Green - Amex BCP - Amex Everyday Card - Amex Rose Gold - Elan Visa - Xcel FCU Visa - Walmart MC - Sam's MC - Macy's - Bloomingdales - Nordstrom - Sam's Club CC - Discover IT and US Bank Visa FlexPerks - AMEX HHonors - NAVcheck - NAVcashRewards Sig Visa, NAVgoRewards MC, Chase Amazon VISA, BoA CashRewards VISA - Chase Marriott Reward Premier CC, Jetblue Card MC, PenFed Power CR Visa Signature Card, Chase Freedom, Nordy VISA and BBVA
Message 16 of 29
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

@jason10 wrote:

685 EQ. 3 yr, 7 mo. AAoA, 29 year account history due to AU card (I'm only 25). No late payments or derogatory reporting. 35% util (rapidly paying off CC debt). I have had an AMEX Blue card since July 2007, and currently have a $2.6K CL with a $0 balance. In addition, I am an AU on my mother's 29 year-old AMEX Gold card. I signed up using an add-on membership of an Executive Costco account that dates back 10 years.

Congrats on the Amex! I think it's a cool card -- can't wait to get mine in the mail.

From what I've been told, they definitely take into account your history with Costco -- not so much how much you spend, but the length of your m'ship. So, it undoubtedly helped that you apped on a 10-year old Cosco acct. Smiley Happy

EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 17 of 29
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

@android01 wrote:

With all of the AMEX Costco talk, I had to go out and get myself one today.  Pox on you all!  Smiley Wink I'd never been in a Costco before, and I was amazed at what they offer, although I have no idea what I would do with such massive quantities of food, or a bottle of 2000 Advil.  The application process was done in about two minutes, and I found myself jockeying for position with about 5000 other people with a shopping cart the size of a small station wagon, which I couldn't come close to filling.  I did buy a small TV for my home office however (I was looking to do this anyway).     

Welcome! I LOVE Costco! I do nearly all of my shopping between Costco and TJ's. Smiley Happy

So, you joined Costco and got the Amex all on the same day? Wow! You'll be surprised at how much you can save by shopping there. Smiley Happy

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 18 of 29
learnin113
Established Contributor

Does anyone know what happens your Amex if you cancel your Costco membership?

Message 19 of 29
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

You have to be a member of Costco to get the card, so I would think that it would be canceled. If you're planning on not renewing your Costco m'ship, I'd PC to a different Amex first.

Message 20 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.