Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Applied for Discover, no decision.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Applied for Discover, no decision.

Hmm, so most people here got approved for the card with the 5-7 days message? My GF applied for the student card last night and got the same 5-7 days message, but she doesn't have any credit history at all, she tried to apply to her favorite store, Target, the other day and got denied. She too was given the option to register for online access. Maybe it might be good news for her then? 

Message 11 of 15
-Cain-
Valued Contributor

I didn't get the 5-7 day message, I was bracing for it though. I used the pre-approved offer link on their site, found a pre-approval, submitted and received a congrats. I hope it works out for you.
Message 12 of 15
kc12286
Frequent Contributor

I received the message after using their pre approval link. Don't worry about it.

In the Garden Club since: 07/05/2017

6/9/2008-TransUnion-703
6/9/2008-Equifax-712
6/9/2008 Experian-635

2/16/2011 Transunion - 675
3/11/2011 Equifax - 688
5/13/2011 Equifax - 704
5/28/2011 Equifax - 704
5/28/2011 Transunion - 724
Message 13 of 15
importking

What happens is that your application is placed in a queue.  When a credit analyst gets a hold of it, they call you to verify information. They will call you within 2-3 days.  Just answer truthfully, and pass their ID verification and they will approve you.  That is what happened to me.

I apped on the 14th, Sunday, and I received a phone call on the evening of the 16th.  The lady I spoke with explained that they manually go through the apps to process them. She finally got around to mine, and said she was calling me so she could process it.  I told her everything she needed to know, and I got a $3000 CL. Actually, she asked me, "Do you think $3000 will fit your needs?" As if I could have asked for more. But, I didn't want to push it, or get another HP. 

For those who want to know, I am in TX and they pulled TU. They pulled EQ during the app processing over the phone. Hope that helps. I guess the moral of the story is, if you get the 5-7 day message, it's not a bad thing, just be expecting a phone call soon. Also, it seems as if you are asked to start setting up your account in the meantime, that is a good sign. (That's what happened to me.)

Starting Score: 529
Current Score: 664
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 14 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

I guess it was good news afterall. She texted me this morning saying she received a call from Discover and they told her to mail in a copy of her school schedule, drivers license and social. I don't like the social bit, though. She said the woman she spoke told her they approved her for $750, not too shabby for her first card, I think at least. lol

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.