cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Applied for Legacy Visa... was this a mistake?

tag
strong_lady
Regular Contributor

Applied for Legacy Visa... was this a mistake?

Hi

I have one CC in excellent standing and has been that way for 6 months.  I received a invitation via mail that I was approved for a Legacy Visa.. I go and apply on line and I am approved with a 250 start credit limit.  I know this is very small but its a start for me. 

I have however went online to view this ( I know I should have posted on here asking ) and it says that this credit card is no good and takes advantage of people.  Should I call and cancel this CC... I applied on line 2 days ago.

Thanks

Strong

Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
strong_lady
Regular Contributor

Re: Applied for Legacy Visa... was this a mistake?

@Anonymous wrote:

A quick google search shows MANY complaints. Is your credit so bad you would need to get something such as this?

If you have one in good standing, keep building with it, and cancel this thing. Especially if it is loaded with fees. You can always do better, even if you are rebuilding.

I am cancelling first thing tomorrow...

Strong

Message 3 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

A quick google search shows MANY complaints. Is your credit so bad you would need to get something such as this?

If you have one in good standing, keep building with it, and cancel this thing. Especially if it is loaded with fees. You can always do better, even if you are rebuilding.

Message 2 of 7
strong_lady
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I am cancelling first thing tomorrow...

Strong

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Make sure you get them to send a letter to you that the account is closed and keep it in a safe place if needed later.

I don't know much about this card, but when you call to cancel, I would take down the CSR's name and ID number if they have one. And any confirmation number and if they could send an email too. I would want it all just to be sure they don't try to mess you over later by saying you didn't cancel, then try to hit you with late fee's, OTL fee's, etc.

Some of these subprime cards scare me. Especially seeing how many complaints they have already.

Good luck!

Message 4 of 7
strong_lady
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Make sure you get them to send a letter to you that the account is closed and keep it in a safe place if needed later.

I don't know much about this card, but when you call to cancel, I would take down the CSR's name and ID number if they have one. And any confirmation number and if they could send an email too. I would want it all just to be sure they don't try to mess you over later by saying you didn't cancel, then try to hit you with late fee's, OTL fee's, etc.

Some of these subprime cards scare me. Especially seeing how many complaints they have already.

Good luck!

Thank you so much.. Im going to call them now ... I think the nbr might be 24 hour service but not sure...

Thanks

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Whatever you do..... do not....no matter HOW desperate you get......get a First Premier Bank card....  I did and I'm VERY VERY VERY sorry...
Message 6 of 7
Chopbrocoli
Established Contributor

Perhaps try a CU or a secured card from a large bank? I would hate to see you pay junk fees.
AMEX Gold Premier Rewards | SPG AMEX | Bank of America Power Rewards | Merrill Plus | United Presidential Plus | Saks World Elite
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.