Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Applied for Nationwide personal credit card

tag
gymbo731
Regular Contributor

Re: itRe: Applied for Nationwide personal credit card

You mentioned that you have 0% util on every card. IMO that is prolly the reason they said no. They want to make money off you, and if you don't use your credit cards, then why would they give you a card? I know it is a lame excuse with high scores, but if you don't show these companies that you are actually going to use their cards, it makes sense to me that they wouldn't want you as a customer.

Has anyone with 0-10% util been approved for this card? Please list your total Util below if you were approved.....

Starting Score: 640
Current Score: 744
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 41 of 46
MrShush
Valued Contributor

Suburban Philadelphia. Should be so much of a disparity.

Message 42 of 46
ZoomZoom22
Valued Member

Do they always pull TU?

Message 43 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

Showing 0% utilization is definitely a minus.  When I

paid all my debt to 0% my score went down.

"You've shown recent use of a credit card" is one the
+s on fico scoring.

Message 44 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

@gymbo731 wrote:

You mentioned that you have 0% util on every card. IMO that is prolly the reason they said no. They want to make money off you, and if you don't use your credit cards, then why would they give you a card? I know it is a lame excuse with high scores, but if you don't show these companies that you are actually going to use their cards, it makes sense to me that they wouldn't want you as a customer.

Has anyone with 0-10% util been approved for this card? Please list your total Util below if you were approved.....

Approved about 6 months ago for $15k with 1% utilization and no other Nationwide products.  They like no INQs and no baddies.  Their customer service seems pretty good and I like the 1% cashback at the end of every billing cycle. 

A colleague of mine got approved for $8k and his oldest account is 2 years old and AAoA is 1.1 years.

Message 45 of 46
Hairy_Satchel
New Contributor

I was also approved for 15K with less than 1% utilization and a new mortgage. I recently received a 100% CLI with BOA with less than 1% utilization.  I think they look at usage, payment history and DTI more than anything to determine if you will be a good paying customer. But in my limited experience, I can't see a direct correlation between myself getting credit approved and a low utilization. But I suppose a bank could deny an application if they feel you already have enough available credit for your stated income or for any other reason for that matter.

Message 46 of 46
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.