Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Applied for US Bank Harley Davidson Secured CC

tag
Amerabian
New Contributor

Applied for US Bank Harley Davidson Secured CC

Just sent my application online to US Bank for the Harley Davidson Secured Credit Card with a $300 deposit.

After I hit "Submit" I got a msg saying "We are unable to make a decision about your application at the moement, we will send you a letter via USPS regarding our decision in 7-10 business days"..

I really don't know how to feel about that.. Did anyone get approved instantly or is this the way they review applications?

I really hope to get approved for that card, it's going to be my second secured credit card for the next year or two (along with Capital One Secured Card)..

Any input is truly appreciated..

FICO Score: 644
NPSL$500$300$500$528

Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
Guyatthebeach
Valued Contributor

Re: Applied for US Bank Harley Davidson Secured CC

They normally review secured applications manually from what I understand. Also it may be declined if you have a bankruptcy or charged off accounts.

Message 2 of 19
Burned2manybridgesB4
Valued Contributor

The whole purpose of a credit review for a secured card is to prevent any potential losses by the bank that will be holding your deposit.

Would kinda suck for them if you had a line of credit in use, then another CO/CA comes back seeking your assets, taking your deposit by legal means (from the secured cc bank), and leaving them holding the "loss," then trying to go after you for it. The costs would outweight the initial cost of a CR pull.

Message 3 of 19
BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest
Senior Contributor

When my dad applied for a US Bank cc onloine it said you can insert your e-mil to be notified if approved. So he did and got the approval notification 4 dys later. He got the same message after insertig his e-mail. Did you provide them with an e-mail address? 

Discover IT $2,600- First Premier MasterCard $1,000- Dillards Store Card $300- Fingerhut Advantage $200
Chapter 7 BK Dischagred on 07/11/16. Gardening Since 01/17/2019
Message 4 of 19
Kismetavah
Established Member

I am hopeful that you will get it.. I just was approved for US  Bank card and it showed the same message for me. 2 week later, they deducted $300 isout of my account and sent the card. Wishing you luck!

Starting Score: 499 9/2012
Current Score: 3/2013 Exp 523 EQU 568 TU 573
Goal: 700
Message 5 of 19
Muk_Man
New Visitor

I applied for the same card. i did not see the email option when I applied. Still waiting on a response. any updates on your cards?

Message 6 of 19
tryingagain62
Contributor

I totally forgot about applying for their card a few weeks ago. At the time of applying I got a 'can't approve - under review' message. Never received a letter or email and yesterday the money was taken from my bank account so I guess we'll see what happens.

Message 7 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just applied for one and got the same response!

Message 8 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Bumping this thread to ask those who have gone the full year if your secured HD card has graduated to an unsecured and if you can provide details on how this was done and what the CL was. Thanks.

Message 9 of 19
Jlu
Established Contributor

I found out that US Bank ironically doesn't serve all of the US.. I live in Massachusetts and they don't accept applicants that live here. Got the 2-3 day message when my credit was a lot younger and then a denial due to living outside their chartered zone. Just something to keep in mind if you live in a state without a US Bank presence.

AMEX BCP $35k | Citi Double Cash $30k | PenFed PlatRewards $25k | Barclaycard $40k | Chase Freedom $25k | BofA Cash Rewards $40K | US Bank Cash+ $4500 | Discover IT $25k | NASA Platinum-Advantage $40k | CapOne Quicksilver $15k | Amazon Card $10k | Ten years on myFICO from 510 to 780 scores
Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.