Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Applied for a US Bank CC (Updated)

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Applied for a US Bank CC (Updated)

Declined! Called for a reconsider was told my file is to thin and they can't reconsider! He said I need at least 2 years CC history I only have a little over 1 on 3 cards and 6 months on discover. Man Am I pi$$ed that I wasted that inquiry. They pulled TU @ a 794. Smiley Mad

TBC

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
Crashem
Valued Contributor

Re: Applied for a US Bank CC

Us bank is conservative. Research is your friend.
               LIMITS IN CARD DESCRIPTIONS
Message 2 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, I know but with my scores and income I figured I had a real good chance. It is a shame too because now they will be on my black list.

TBC

Crashem wrote:
Us bank is conservative. Research is your friend.

Message 3 of 18
Crashem
Valued Contributor

Problem is people are too in love with scores. Thin and newish file (whether really new or just rebuilding) should always discount the score. I can get a college student a high 700s score in 6 months to 1 year from no credit file. Doesn't mean they can get any card. Your profile looks similar to them. Some lenders give more weight to pure scores and probably worth looking at those lenders.
               LIMITS IN CARD DESCRIPTIONS
Message 4 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Crashem wrote:
Problem is people are too in love with scores. Thin and newish file (whether really new or just rebuilding) should always discount the score. I can get a college student a high 700s score in 6 months to 1 year from no credit file. Doesn't mean they can get any card. Your profile looks similar to them. Some lenders give more weight to pure scores and probably worth looking at those lenders.

My AAOA according to Myfico is 4 years and my oldest account is 15 years. The past couple years I decided to get credit cards.( never needed them) I have several paid car loans and some active ones along with paid off personal loans.  It was the thin CC file, not total credit file. They want revolving history and nothing else.

TBC

Message 5 of 18
navigatethis12
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Declined! Called for a reconsider was told my file is to thin and they can't reconsider! He said I need at least 2 years CC history I only have a little over 1 on 3 cards and 6 months on discover. Man Am I pi$$ed that I wasted that inquiry. They pulled TU @ a 794. Smiley Mad

TBC

You could ring and try again. Maybe another person will look at your other history and approve you. I would not put a company on a blacklist because they deny you; no company is obligated to give anyone credit.

Message 6 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Approved! Took 2 weeks in underwriting  called the underwriting app status hot line today , said congratulations you have been approved. Not sure of the limit but will update.

TBC

Message 7 of 18
bamagirl1
Established Contributor

Congrats!  so did you call and talk to underwriting after you were denied??

I love my Cash+ card so far!!

~01/2008 Ficos TU 571-EX 647-EQ 652~
~3/21/2009 Ficos TU 705 EX 702 EQ 692~
~9/9/09 Ficos TU 718 EQ 693 EX???
~06/25/12 Ficos TU 719 EQ 677 EX??
Message 8 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well after the failed recon I sent them an email, a few days later I got a call from a very nice lady who went over my app with me. She said she see's no reason for the denial and is resubmitting everything. A few days later she gave me a call saying it is still in underwriting and she will be out of her office for a few days for the 4th but she would give me a call as soon as she got back. Well I was curious so I called the app hotline and found out I was approved. When she calls me this week I will find out my limit.

TBC

Message 9 of 18
bamagirl1
Established Contributor

You actually don't have to wait for her to call you back..I think it gives a balance transfer option and you can select that, I was considering a balance transfer and wanted to know my CL and APR..

Congrats!

~01/2008 Ficos TU 571-EX 647-EQ 652~
~3/21/2009 Ficos TU 705 EX 702 EQ 692~
~9/9/09 Ficos TU 718 EQ 693 EX???
~06/25/12 Ficos TU 719 EQ 677 EX??
Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.