Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Applied for chase freedom... again

tag
armbenderc
Valued Contributor

Applied for chase freedom... again

Recently applied for cap cash card and got approved. So I tried chase freedom master card... I did last year no luck.

It said we are currently reviewing your application. I call the number and the guy said the account department is close and I should call back at 8am.

I have walmart, PayPal, citi platinum, cap cash card, best buy .... 40% uti., 100 on time no br, no late no nothing.

Should I even call back tomorrow? If so what is the number? Maybe it different than the one I call..
2013 Approvals: Discover IT - 3/1, Amex BCE - 3/4, CSP - 5/4, Barclay Ring - 6/12, BoA Privileges Cash - 6/27, Citi TY Preferred - 8/6, OCCU Duck - 11/4, USBank (Cash+) - 11/22, Wells Fargo - 12/21, Nordstrom - 12/29

12/19/2013, $100k+ Available Credit. Total Util: 0-1%
Message 1 of 31
30 REPLIES 30
Jlu
Established Contributor

Re: Applied for chase freedom... again

Definitely. But you really should have waited til your utility was lower. Chase is utilization sensitive.
AMEX BCP $35k | Citi Double Cash $30k | PenFed PlatRewards $25k | Barclaycard $40k | Chase Freedom $25k | BofA Cash Rewards $40K | US Bank Cash+ $4500 | Discover IT $25k | NASA Platinum-Advantage $40k | CapOne Quicksilver $15k | Amazon Card $10k | Ten years on myFICO from 510 to 780 scores
Message 2 of 31
armbenderc
Valued Contributor

1800-436-7947 is the number I call. Is it the right one?
2013 Approvals: Discover IT - 3/1, Amex BCE - 3/4, CSP - 5/4, Barclay Ring - 6/12, BoA Privileges Cash - 6/27, Citi TY Preferred - 8/6, OCCU Duck - 11/4, USBank (Cash+) - 11/22, Wells Fargo - 12/21, Nordstrom - 12/29

Message 3 of 31
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

Good luck. I agree with you should have waited for a better utilization %. Maybe you can recon if denied for that reason and explain that you wanted a balance transfer?
FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 4 of 31
EandK23
Regular Contributor

Best of luck!   I app'd last week and got the dreaded wait response.  I called two days later to inquire on my application and they reconsidered my request.  They gave me a $2000 CL!

Message 5 of 31
armbenderc
Valued Contributor

EandK what was your score and uti?

Message 6 of 31
RockinRay
Valued Contributor

@webhopper wrote:
Good luck. I agree with you should have waited for a better utilization %. Maybe you can recon if denied for that reason and explain that you wanted a balance transfer?

I agree with this. If they deny you, tell them you want to BT from another card. That could tip the scales in your favor!

Good luck with your call and let us know the outcome.

Ray

** Every Card has a Job, and Every Card does its Job **
Message 7 of 31
bettercreditguy1
Established Contributor

Most CC companies see red FLAGS when utilization is that high. They can interpret high utilization as no cash, low cash, or lost job problems. Clearly all negative.

Updated scores 3/7/21 TU 849, EQ 829, Ex 818 (all Fico scores) Remember the Three P's: Pay early in Full, Pay on Time, Patience
Message 8 of 31
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@bettercreditguy1 wrote:

Most CC companies see red FLAGS when utilization is that high. They can interpret high utilization as no cash, low cash, or lost job problems. Clearly all negative.

Yeah, think this may be one of the reasons having an account with the lending insitution helps.  They have an internal record of one's financial life that isn't tied to the credit report.   

OT but with regards to Chase: I'm sort of tempted to push the limits and apply directly for a Chase Sapphire for testing purposes instead of the prior idea of just getting a Freedom once I hit a year credit history and have a few months depository record with Chase.  Certainly they seem to have a more personal touch than BOFA, was somewhat spooky having one of their account managers recognize me and come over and start talking to me when I was standing in line to deposit a check.  That never happened in all the years with BOFA in their banking centers, must be the fresh meat smell.

        
Message 9 of 31
alboto
Regular Contributor

When I applied a month ago my util was 72% and they approved it with a $500 CL, and the only reason the approved it was because I have Checking/savings with them.

Message 10 of 31
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.