Did you mean: 

Applied for chase freedom... again

tag
adavis425
Established Contributor

Re: Applied for chase freedom... again

@SpeedingWheels wrote:

Just curious, 

How long did you wait before you did the recon call? 

I got the 7-10 notice last night and I'm itching to call... or should I wait for the letter

Wait why? I would call right away.

AmEx Platinum | AmEx BCP | AmEx Delta Gold | CSP | Chase Freedom | NFCU cashRewards Visa Sig | NFCU Plat MC | WM MC | Discover it | JCP

Message 21 of 31
armbenderc
Valued Contributor

UPDATE:

Got 7-10days message, I recon and approved

Got the card, activated 2k limit. 

I call the exec office number, told them I want cli. Tthey took my info, called me back 4hours later. My cl is doubled.

Ty Chase and myfico.

Edit: no hp or sp they used the one they got when I app.

2013 Approvals: Discover IT - 3/1, Amex BCE - 3/4, CSP - 5/4, Barclay Ring - 6/12, BoA Privileges Cash - 6/27, Citi TY Preferred - 8/6, OCCU Duck - 11/4, USBank (Cash+) - 11/22, Wells Fargo - 12/21, Nordstrom - 12/29

12/19/2013, $100k+ Available Credit. Total Util: 0-1%
Message 22 of 31
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@armbenderc wrote:

UPDATE:

Got 7-10days message, I recon and approved

Got the card, activated 2k limit. 

I call the exec office number, told them I want cli. Tthey took my info, called me back 4hours later. My cl is doubled.

Ty Chase and myfico.

Edit: no hp or sp they used the one they got when I app.

That is awesome!! WTG!!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 23 of 31
Cadillac-XTS
Established Contributor

Double Congrats

Message 24 of 31
iamkida

did they actually tell you that you were approved because you had a banking relationship with them?? were you approved right at application for did you have to call for a recon?

Message 25 of 31
armbenderc
Valued Contributor

@iamkida wrote:

did they actually tell you that you were approved because you had a banking relationship with them?? were you approved right at application for did you have to call for a recon?

I do not have checking acct with them. I am a brand new customer. I'm thinking about switching my checking/saving for a while now. So far, Chase and Citi are my top choice. I have BoA and WF.

2013 Approvals: Discover IT - 3/1, Amex BCE - 3/4, CSP - 5/4, Barclay Ring - 6/12, BoA Privileges Cash - 6/27, Citi TY Preferred - 8/6, OCCU Duck - 11/4, USBank (Cash+) - 11/22, Wells Fargo - 12/21, Nordstrom - 12/29

12/19/2013, $100k+ Available Credit. Total Util: 0-1%
Message 26 of 31
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

Double congrats!
FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 27 of 31
Jlu
Established Contributor

@armbenderc wrote:

@iamkida wrote:

I do not have checking acct with them. I am a brand new customer. I'm thinking about switching my checking/saving for a while now. So far, Chase and Citi are my top choice. I have BoA and WF.

ugh, you have the two worst big banks in the industry. Definitely move over to Chase. I made the move a few months back with a $200 sign up bonus for depositing $100. I actually drove from MA to CT to open it because there are no Chase retail branches in my state. But now... it is paying off big time. My coffee in the morning is 3.00 and I get instant 5% plus 10¢ and a 10% bonus - no brainer. Get Chase. 

AMEX BCP $35k | Citi Double Cash $30k | PenFed PlatRewards $25k | Barclaycard $40k | Chase Freedom $25k | BofA Cash Rewards $40K | US Bank Cash+ $4500 | Discover IT $25k | NASA Platinum-Advantage $40k | CapOne Quicksilver $15k | Amazon Card $10k | Ten years on myFICO from 510 to 780 scores
Message 28 of 31
iamkida

definitely look into switching. it'll maximize the earning potential on your freedom card. super easy to use online for their banking products. and google chase checking coupon before you open the account and print out the coupon before going into a branch so you can get a cash bonus for opening your account.
congrats on the card as well. the freedom is a great card to have.
Message 29 of 31
AvaMommy
Frequent Contributor

@webhopper wrote:
Good luck. I agree with you should have waited for a better utilization %. Maybe you can recon if denied for that reason and explain that you wanted a balance transfer?

+1 I noticed lenders LOVE the balance transfer line....

Starting Score: FAKO: TU 602 EQ 550 EX 565 - 08|2012
Current Score: MyFICO: TU 633 EQ 637 EX 669 (AMEX PULL)09|2012
Goal Score: 700 across the board In my wallet: NFCU cashRewards 12000CL, NFCU LOC 10K CL, BofA cashRewards 5000CL, BofA PP 3000CL, JAREDS (AU) 1500CL, SEARS (AU) 7000CL
Under my mattress: Orchard Bank 320CL and Saks Fifth Avenue 100CL. Finally in the Garden. App Free Since 9/18/12 - No apps until March 2013
Message 30 of 31
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.