Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Applied for discover it

tag
scorpiostinger07
Regular Contributor

Applied for discover it

Got the 5 to 7 day message or call to expedite your application. I have EQ and EX frozen was hoping they would pull TU. I checked and I don't see any inquiries as of yet. They are probably going to ask for me to unfreeze my reports. I will update after I call later this morning.

Starting Score: 433
Current Score: 700
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
ThunderCat33
Established Member

Re: Applied for discover it

I thought freezing your reports just meant companies couldn't do soft pulls on your credit to offer preapproval. I'm pretty sure if u initiated it they will have access
Credit Rookie..taking control
Message 2 of 13
scorpiostinger07
Regular Contributor

Freezing prevents a hard pull...Opting out prevents soft pulls for pre approvals.

Message 3 of 13
enharu
Super Contributor

@scorpiostinger07 wrote:
Got the 5 to 7 day message or call to expedite your application. I have EQ and EX frozen was hoping they would pull TU. I checked and I don't see any inquiries as of yet. They are probably going to ask for me to unfreeze my reports. I will update after I call later this morning.

most monitoring services have 1 day lagtime.

is there something on your EX and EQ report that you want to hide?

Most of the companies will ask you to unfreeze everything or deny you once they find out you freeze 1-2 bureaus, leaving the rest unfrozen. This is usually considered as shady behavior.

Freezing and hoping they will pull another bureau works if you're lucky, but if you're not so lucky, they usually will need u to unfreeze all 3 and pull whatever they need to get you approved. There's a chance of them triple pulling as well as a result.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 4 of 13
scorpiostinger07
Regular Contributor

TU is my strongest Report.. Im at the 7 year mark for all my negative marks to fall off and TU has been the most proactive in updating my report.

Message 5 of 13
enharu
Super Contributor

what kind of baddies do you have that fell off?

If it's something minor, most of them don't really care. I have a 30-day late that's falling off July 2013. When I applied last month, none of the lenders (Amex, Chase, US Bank, Discover) cared about that 30-day late anymore. They were more concerned with other stuff, like my new auto loan account.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 6 of 13
Paperboy999
Contributor

Good move applying for the card. I love mine. I think they pull TU, they did for me, so you shouldn't have a problem.
11/09 EX 564
10/12 EX 673 TU 674
1/13 TU 686
2/13 EX 701
Goal 750+
Message 7 of 13
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Have you called in to find out whats going on OP???

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 8 of 13
Rackham94
Established Contributor

You didn't want to use my referral?
Message 9 of 13
scorpiostinger07
Regular Contributor

UPDATE:

Called in an was told that my EQ was frozen and that they needed a pin. Explained that I was at work and didnt have the pin with me so she pulled TU and I was declined. I really wasn't expecting to get approved even with my 699 fico I still have a few 6.5 year old charge off's. So to the garden I go with my tail between my legs lol.

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.