Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Applied for discover more

tag
Hortilux
Valued Member

Applied for discover more

I have a 750EQ fico and applied for the discover more. I got the 7 day message and am wondering if I will most likely be denied or not.
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Applied for discover more

Hope you get it. I wanted to app for it but was trying to stay away from experian pulls which is my worst cr. discover pulls experian in HI from my small amount of research. Good luck.
Message 2 of 5
kevinjjc
Valued Contributor

What time did you apply? Discover does routine maintenance on their website. If you submitted your app late night or early morning, their system will not generate an instant approval. Check your app status (google "discover application status"), if it can't find your app, then your app was not processed due to website maintenance. You can then either wait for that app to process, or submit another app (The system automatically rejects duplicate apps).
Message 3 of 5
Hortilux
Valued Member

To follow up, Discover called me today and ask me a couple quick questions for 2 minutes. I got approved for $1500 which is what I told him I wanted to spend on it a month. Im excited because the only other Ccs I have are walmart $300 and paypal smart connect for $300. Not to be greedy but if I qualified for this what other cards would I most likely qualify for?
Message 4 of 5
Iamien
Established Member

It sounds like you went to manual review. And that they did not feel comfortable extending you whatever their standard minimum credit limit was for that card, so they set one manually per your conversation.

That tells me you were some-what borderline.  Definately don't apply for another company that pulls the same credit report within the next 6mos.

733 TU (08/21/2013)
Amex BCE($20,000): 3% Groceries - 2% Gas - 2% Department Stores
US Bank Cash+($9,500): 5% Fast Food - 5% Cellphones - 2% Resteraunts
Chase Freedom($4000): 5% Rotating
CapOne QuickSilver($30,000): 1.5% Everything
Citi Double Cash($12,500): 2% Everything.
Lowes($2,400) 5% off Lowes.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.