Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Applied for the Hooters

tag
redE2move
Frequent Contributor

Re: Applied for the Hooters

The thing is they are Merrick Bank and they were placed on my BK as an old Providian acct.  So, I wasn't sure if it is wise to apply for a card anchored by a company in your BK.  Let me know if I am wrong or if you have heard any stories of just the opposite.
Message 21 of 30
SWISSOATL
Contributor

I applied on the 14th and its still pending.....

i will update once i get an answer!
EQ N/A
EXP- 692
TU- 673 3/10/08br>
Message 22 of 30
redE2move
Frequent Contributor

R U in the same situation or do you have no BK?
Message 23 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

MY HUSBAND JUST GOT THE HOOTERS CARD WITH A 1250.00 LIMIT AND WE HAVE A BK THAT IS 7YRS OLD NOW. HE PUT ME ON AS A JOINT JUST AFTER HE GOT THE CARD AND THEY REPORTED TO THE CREDIT BUREUA WITH IN A FEW WEEKS. I WAS SHOCKED. BY THE TIME I RECIEVED MY CARD FOR HIS ACCOUNT THEY WERE ALREADY ON MY REPORT AS WELL.  KEEP THE FAITH IT WILL WORK OUT

DEBBIE Smiley Surprised)
Message 24 of 30
redE2move
Frequent Contributor

Thanks Deb I appreciate the encouragement.  I called to ask the rep about being approved in my situation and she could not give me any information.  Feeling a little beat down now over it.  I guess just afraid that if I apply it will bring up burried bones cause I had a Merrick Bank acct in the past and it went under the bankruptcy.  Just not sure if they will give me a second chance or try to get me cause I am resurffacing myself.Smiley Sad
Message 25 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well the only thing you can do is apply and all they can do is say no but keep in mind they can not come after you or your credit since you filed BK that made you safe from that but they can denie you. They did me but not my hubby and now he has me on as a joint account holder go figure. It will get better. I just listed my update on here for all to see keep your head up and remember we have all been there or most of us and we are here for you anytime you need us. We will all prosper and get where we want to be. Remember We Come in a LARGE Number here we will defeat them (Credit Bureaus)

Debbie tongue smiley
Message 26 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

Saturday and Sunday are not bsiness days --- give it till late Wednesday or then next Monday -- we are running into holidays and places being 'officially' closed.

My business (professional) contracts run on calendar days and I'm having toruble getting people to do stuff because of holidays...
Message 27 of 30
gNaRKiLL
Regular Contributor

Well just applied and approved, but it said subject to verifacation of my information. So I am wondering if I should call tomorrow to verify the info.
Message 28 of 30
kysin2014
Contributor

I applied for the Hooters Mastercard on 11/7/10 and today is 11/12/10 and when I called them today they told me it is still pending.  Does that mean I am more than likely declined?

Equifax FICO: 586

Trans FICO: 687

src="http://ficoforums.myfico.com/html/assets/challenge.png" height="50" border="0" >Starting Score: 620
Current Score: 769
Goal Score: 800

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 29 of 30
scottwagnon
Valued Contributor

it takes average of 20 days on this card. i applied on the 10/13/10 and received the card 11/02/10. they didn't approve me until 10/27/10. don't worry. when it is time for you to get approved, they will call you and you will notice an 801 number. i got 2800 CL, i got their well qualified card too.

earth air water fire master visa express discover
Message 30 of 30
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.