Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apply For Business AMEX - Try Again?

tag
shane82388
Established Contributor

Apply For Business AMEX - Try Again?

Ok so im thinking of applying for an Business AMEX for the second time tonight/tomorrow. I tried for the SimplyCash revolver but was denied. They used a credit report from a month before because im a current card holder and they just softed me. It was showing balances etc which made it not look as good as i currently was positioned and in reality, had paid off already.

Anyway, today is the 30-day period to reapply. I was thinking of just going for a business Green card as it would be easier to get. I already have a personal AMEX Green card for about 7-8 months and been using it very frequently and moving hundreds through it over the months.

I just want a credit card to use for my business to keep things seperate from my personal accounts. Revolver is ideal but i guess another AMEX Green wouldnt be the worst choice in the world, if i can get it.

What do you think i should go for?

Message 1 of 26
25 REPLIES 25
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Apply For Business AMEX - Try Again?

When you app please let me know how it Turns out as I am interested in getting a business charge card as well
FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 2 of 26
shane82388
Established Contributor

yeahh well i guess im gonna prob try for the Green. Its only a soft inquiry if it fails but still its annoying and doesnt feel good lol.

I know i got approved with way less credit and probably worse scores (cant know for sure what my Experian was at the time way back in August)....but im paranoid ill for some reason not be approved.

Message 3 of 26
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

@shane82388 wrote:

yeahh well i guess im gonna prob try for the Green. Its only a soft inquiry if it fails but still its annoying and doesnt feel good lol.

I know i got approved with way less credit and probably worse scores (cant know for sure what my Experian was at the time way back in August)....but im paranoid ill for some reason not be approved.

I know what you mean!  I"m totally paranoid on getting denials too!   maybe its because we've both had those not-so-good credit periods where everything just sort of falls apart...

FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 4 of 26
shane82388
Established Contributor

Now the business app page wont load! What the heck...

Any luck getting through to the business section of the AMEX site?

Message 5 of 26
Ron1
Super Contributor

What's the reason of the denial? 

Ron.

Message 6 of 26
shane82388
Established Contributor

@Ron1 wrote:

Ron.

From last time on the original app? It was just FICO score and then some nonsense reasons like "not enough bank cards" and stuff...I ONLY have bank cards, lol.

...but they were using a credit report from almost a month and a half before which was reporting balances on all my cards etc...so it wasnt based off my current credit standing, but on my over a month old credit standing...

Message 7 of 26
Ron1
Super Contributor

@shane82388 wrote:

@Ron1 wrote:

Ron.

From last time on the original app? It was just FICO score and then some nonsense reasons like "not enough bank cards" and stuff...I ONLY have bank cards, lol.

...but they were using a credit report from almost a month and a half before which was reporting balances on all my cards etc...so it wasnt based off my current credit standing, but on my over a month old credit standing...

Do you have any other business cards with the other banks?  I think Simply Cash is one of the hardest business cards to get.  What was your score when you applied last time?

Ron.

Message 8 of 26
shane82388
Established Contributor

@Ron1 wrote:

@shane82388 wrote:

@Ron1 wrote:

Ron.

Do you have any other business cards with the other banks?  I think Simply Cash is one of the hardest business cards to get.  What was your score when you applied last time?

Ron.

No i do not. My business is fairly new. Mid 600's was the score...which is obviously not ideal but its only a soft inquiry so i decided to try and see.

Message 9 of 26
shane82388
Established Contributor

@webhopper wrote:
When you app please let me know how it Turns out as I am interested in getting a business charge card as well

Just tried and it said decision would be given within 8 days. Denied. Checked application status and it says Declined, but it also says the reason for denial is not avilable right now...so ill check tomorow.

Message 10 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.