Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apply for BCP now or wait?

tag
saving_grace16
New Contributor

Apply for BCP now or wait?

I've been toying with the idea of applying for the AmEx BCP because of the great rewards on groceries and gas.  I'm wondering if I should pull the trigger or wait a bit?  Here's some background info:

-Account length: 10+ years

-AAoA: 4 years, 10mo

-All accounts are paid to 0, except 1

-Credit ultilization: 1%

-Fico scores: 720 EX, 765 TU, 788 EQ

-no baddies

-3 HPs in the last year, all TU (most recent TU was for a PL a couple months ago)

I also just recently closed 6 accounts, but  upped my CLs through SP CLIs which equalled out original total CL.  

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
notfancy
Valued Contributor

Re: Apply for BCP now or wait?

@saving_grace16 wrote:

I've been toying with the idea of applying for the AmEx BCP because of the great rewards on groceries and gas.  I'm wondering if I should pull the trigger or wait a bit?  Here's some background info:

-Account length: 10+ years

-AAoA: 4 years, 10mo

-All accounts are paid to 0, except 1

-Credit ultilization: 1%

-Fico scores: 720 EX, 765 TU, 788 EQ

-no baddies

-3 HPs in the last year, all TU (most recent TU was for a PL a couple months ago)

I also just recently closed 6 accounts, but  upped my CLs through SP CLIs which equalled out original total CL.  

looks great to me

625 EQ FICO Current Score: 660 DCU EQ FICO/ 645 Scorewatch EQ FICO , EX FICO 664, TU FICO 737 (08/2014)
Goal Score: 700   Seedling again as of 07/29/14
Message 2 of 8
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

What do you expect to improve by waiting?

Message 3 of 8
saving_grace16
New Contributor

@takeshi74 wrote:

Not sure, exactly.  I was thinking if I waited a bit for the higher CLs to report that may help me get a higher starting CL with AmEx.  I guess that since my credit has skyrocketed in the couple months and has gone up considerably especially over the last year after paying off my CC debt, that I am more used to CC denial than I am approval.  I just want to be careful this time go around now that I feel like I finally have my credit in order. 

Message 4 of 8
newmomnewme
Valued Contributor

@saving_grace16 wrote:

@takeshi74 wrote:

Not sure, exactly.  I was thinking if I waited a bit for the higher CLs to report that may help me get a higher starting CL with AmEx.  I guess that since my credit has skyrocketed in the couple months and has gone up considerably especially over the last year after paying off my CC debt, that I am more used to CC denial than I am approval.  I just want to be careful this time go around now that I feel like I finally have my credit in order. 

I think you will be approved without a hitch. Even if you get at least 5k, remember the opportunity for a 3xCLI at 61 days, then another 3 times after 60 months. Go for it!

012019 Fico8/Mortgage Score:
Current Fico9/Fico8/Mortgage Score:
MyGoal Fico8/Mortgage Score:
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 5 of 8
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@newmomnewme wrote:

I think you will be approved without a hitch. Even if you get at least 5k, remember the opportunity for a 3xCLI at 61 days, then another 3 times after 60 months. Go for it!

Think you mean 6 months!   

Message 6 of 8
newmomnewme
Valued Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

@newmomnewme wrote:

Think you mean 6 months!   

@Hahahahahahah!!! Thanks @longtimelurker. Sorry OP, I hope I didn't scare you....LMAO @ 60 months for the next CLI. omg!!! 

012019 Fico8/Mortgage Score:
Current Fico9/Fico8/Mortgage Score:
MyGoal Fico8/Mortgage Score:
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 7 of 8
twist7d7
Regular Contributor

Im sure AMEX will be happy to have you. let us know when you get approved.

AMEX PRG (NPSL) Lowes (10k) CSP (7.2k) AMEX BCE (6k) Cap1 QS (3.5k) Citi DC (2.6K) BofA (2.5K)M&T Bank visa (2k) Discover iT (1800) Slate (1k)
Future Cards Sallie Mae, US Bank Cash+, Freedom
Goal increase CLs by 20k in 2015
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.