New Contributor

Apply for BCP now or wait?

I've been toying with the idea of applying for the AmEx BCP because of the great rewards on groceries and gas.  I'm wondering if I should pull the trigger or wait a bit?  Here's some background info:

-Account length: 10+ years

-AAoA: 4 years, 10mo

-All accounts are paid to 0, except 1

-Credit ultilization: 1%

-Fico scores: 720 EX, 765 TU, 788 EQ

-no baddies

-3 HPs in the last year, all TU (most recent TU was for a PL a couple months ago)

I also just recently closed 6 accounts, but  upped my CLs through SP CLIs which equalled out original total CL.  

Valued Contributor

Re: Apply for BCP now or wait?

saving_grace16 wrote:

I've been toying with the idea of applying for the AmEx BCP because of the great rewards on groceries and gas.  I'm wondering if I should pull the trigger or wait a bit?  Here's some background info:

-Account length: 10+ years

-AAoA: 4 years, 10mo

-All accounts are paid to 0, except 1

-Credit ultilization: 1%

-Fico scores: 720 EX, 765 TU, 788 EQ

-no baddies

-3 HPs in the last year, all TU (most recent TU was for a PL a couple months ago)

I also just recently closed 6 accounts, but  upped my CLs through SP CLIs which equalled out original total CL.  

looks great to me

625 EQ FICO Current Score: 660 DCU EQ FICO/ 645 Scorewatch EQ FICO , EX FICO 664, TU FICO 737 (08/2014)
Goal Score: 700   Seedling again as of 07/29/14
Valued Contributor

What do you expect to improve by waiting?

New Contributor

takeshi74 wrote:

Not sure, exactly.  I was thinking if I waited a bit for the higher CLs to report that may help me get a higher starting CL with AmEx.  I guess that since my credit has skyrocketed in the couple months and has gone up considerably especially over the last year after paying off my CC debt, that I am more used to CC denial than I am approval.  I just want to be careful this time go around now that I feel like I finally have my credit in order. 

Valued Contributor

saving_grace16 wrote:

takeshi74 wrote:

Not sure, exactly.  I was thinking if I waited a bit for the higher CLs to report that may help me get a higher starting CL with AmEx.  I guess that since my credit has skyrocketed in the couple months and has gone up considerably especially over the last year after paying off my CC debt, that I am more used to CC denial than I am approval.  I just want to be careful this time go around now that I feel like I finally have my credit in order. 

I think you will be approved without a hitch. Even if you get at least 5k, remember the opportunity for a 3xCLI at 61 days, then another 3 times after 60 months. Go for it!

Starting Score: May 2013 EQ: 577 TU: 537 EX: 555
Current Score: EQ: 600 TU: 644 EX: ??
Goal Score: ALL 720+

In the Garden Until August 2015 Last App Sept 2014
border="0"Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Super Contributor

newmomnewme wrote:

I think you will be approved without a hitch. Even if you get at least 5k, remember the opportunity for a 3xCLI at 61 days, then another 3 times after 60 months. Go for it!

Think you mean 6 months!   

Valued Contributor

longtimelurker wrote:

newmomnewme wrote:

Think you mean 6 months!   

Hahahahahahah!!! Thanks @longtimelurker. Sorry OP, I hope I didn't scare you....LMAO @ 60 months for the next CLI. omg!!! 

Starting Score: May 2013 EQ: 577 TU: 537 EX: 555
Current Score: EQ: 600 TU: 644 EX: ??
Goal Score: ALL 720+

In the Garden Until August 2015 Last App Sept 2014
border="0"Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Regular Contributor

Im sure AMEX will be happy to have you. let us know when you get approved.

AMEX PRG (NPSL) Lowes (10k) CSP (7.2k) AMEX BCE (6k) Cap1 QS (3.5k) Citi DC (2.6K) BofA (2.5K)M&T Bank visa (2k) Discover iT (1800) Slate (1k)
Future Cards Sallie Mae, US Bank Cash+, Freedom
Goal increase CLs by 20k in 2015
Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on actual applicant approvals and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.