cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apply for Chase Sapphire Preferred. Need HELP.

tag
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: Apply for Chase Sapphire Preferred. Need HELP.

Sorry for the decline but limited credit history was the reason not your FICO score. You can call again but it will result in a HP

Good luck
Message 21 of 24
IcEWoLF
Frequent Contributor

The problem is that the CSP is considered a premium card, a short term credit history just doesn't look great on paper, even if your score is over +700.

I'd suggest calling the back door number and see what they say.

Other than that, I'd probably suggest waiting another year before applying again.

Keep high balances, relationship banking goes a long way.

I'd suggest consider looking for the Discover IT card, no annual fees and no foreign transaction fees.

EQ: 768 TU: 769 EXP: 805
Ritz Carlton: 18k
CSP: 7K | Chase Freedom: 5.7K
MERRILL+® VS: 9K | BOA AMEX: 1K
BOA 123: 7K Discover IT: 6K | Discover Chrome 4K | Costco AMEX: 15K | AMEX PRG NPSL | AMEX BCE 15K | Barclay NFL: 4.9K | Citi TYP 7K | Amazon Chase 1.7K | Barclaycard Arrival Plus WEMC 5K | Citi DC 5K | FNBO AMEX 4.8K | CAP 1 QS 10K | U.S. Bank Cash+ VS 5K |U.S. Bank Perks+ VS 6K
Message 22 of 24
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@09Lexie wrote:
Sorry for the decline but limited credit history was the reason not your FICO score. You can call again but it will result in a HP

Good luck

+1

Plus, no guarantee of approval.

Message 23 of 24
CharlesSu
New Contributor

Hi IcEWoLF,

I have given Chase a call regarding the decline of my credit card application. I called this backdoor number: Chase: 888-245-0625 (Credit Analyst - Recons). The analyst told me my application is still under consideration. I am not sure why my banker told me it is already declined. 

And she gave me a phone number of the lending's department and suggested me to give them a call during weekdays. 

Citi Forward: 3K Banana Card: 3K Amex Gold Delta: 3K
Chase Freedom: 4.5K Chase Marriott Premier: 12K Chase Sapphire Preferred: 12K Chase United Explorer: 19K

Credit Score: 734(EX) 755(TU) as of March 2014
Message 24 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.