Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apply for Chase Slate & Transfer Balance from Chase Visa

tag
ShaggyWannabe
Established Member

Apply for Chase Slate & Transfer Balance from Chase Visa

Due to some travelling and a few new suits, I'm looking at carrying a credit card balance for the first time in quite a while.  I could take from savings to pay them off, but I'd rather not start down that road.

I'm looking at carrying a balance on my Chase Visa of about $2,500, and a balance on my and BoA MC of about $1,000.

I have several other CCs with high limits and no balances (including a Chase Sapphire Pref), so my utilization is still well under 10%.   My last remaining baddie is a 6+ year old settled collection account.  My FICOs range from 720 to 767.

Chase seems to like me, and it appears they generally don't mind giving multiple cards.

Would Chase frown upon me applying for a Slate card, and transferring the balance from my existing Chase Visa?  Or since I have good credit and payment histroy with them, should that be okay?  I would then pay off the Slate within the next month or so.

I just seems wierd to request a balance transfer from once Chase CC when appling for a new Chase CC.  Am I stressing it too much?

2010 Scores: mid-500s
July 2012: EQ FICO 649 | EX PLUS 657 | EX FICO 680 | TU FICO 649
Nov 2013: TU Vantage 717 | TU FICO 716
April 2014: EX FICO 740 | TU FICO 720
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Apply for Chase Slate & Transfer Balance from Chase Visa

you would have to transfer the balance to a bank not chase before transferring it back to the slate... you can't go straight from 1 chase card to chase slate. no bank really allows that.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.