cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apply for Credit Cards because of how they look?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Apply for Credit Cards because of how they look?

This thread reminds me of that Jimmy Soul song, If You Wanna Be Happy.

Message 21 of 42
Anonymous
Not applicable

Get a Cap 1 sub prime card then you can make it look however you want (almost - I doubt they'll accept a black background with a silver centurion in the middle - has anyone ever tried this?).

Message 22 of 42
dalebb
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Get a Cap 1 sub prime card then you can make it look however you want (almost - I doubt they'll accept a black background with a silver centurion in the middle - has anyone ever tried this?).

thats funny

Message 23 of 42
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes... I'm actually mad that citi changed my platinum to a thankyou. I called the other day to PC it to a diamond or something but they lowered my interest rate to 7.99% 

Now I am carrying around that ugly light blue thing and will leave a little bit of a balance on it to say TankYou. hehe

As far as cards I would apply for on looks... The platinum amex is in my money clip.

Message 24 of 42
Anonymous
Not applicable

@HoldingOntoHope wrote:

My CC's may not look that good, but they have a great personality and a wonderful sense of humor.Smiley Tongue

That made me spit out my coffee. Smiley Very Happy

Message 25 of 42
dalebb
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@HoldingOntoHope wrote:

My CC's may not look that good, but they have a great personality and a wonderful sense of humor.Smiley Tongue

amen to that

Message 26 of 42
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@HoldingOntoHope wrote:

Made me laugh too. Mine need a sense of homur.

Message 27 of 42
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

It might not matter to everyone, but there is obviously a reason why the CCCs make CCs w/nice color and designs and even have "design your own" or "choose your design" cards.

The Amex Blue and Clear cards are really pretty -- but not my main reason for wanting one. I want one for the rewards and backdating. Smiley Happy

When I got my Cap One "platinum" $300 (now all of $500), I chose the ladybug design, which I like. But the card itself is practically useless at this point. At least there's no AF, so I'll probably SD it.

A design may make me *want* a card, but whether or not I app for it won't have anything to do with how it looks. Smiley Happy

EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 28 of 42
dalebb
Valued Contributor

@bichonmom wrote:

It might not matter to everyone, but there is obviously a reason why the CCCs make CCs w/nice color and designs and even have "design your own" or "choose your design" cards.

The Amex Blue and Clear cards are really pretty -- but not my main reason for wanting one. I want one for the rewards and backdating. Smiley Happy

When I got my Cap One "platinum" $300 (now all of $500), I chose the ladybug design, which I like. But the card itself is practically useless at this point. At least there's no AF, so I'll probably SD it.

A design may make me *want* a card, but whether or not I app for it won't have anything to do with how it looks. Smiley Happy

well said

Message 29 of 42
Brianinpa18330grh
Valued Member

Im guilty of this. I love my sapphire but ill tell you, my bofa accelerated amex is a close second. I actually applied for the bofa after seeing it when someone forgot it at a checkout counter! Lol
Message 30 of 42
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.