cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apply for Discover IT with Discover More?

tag
ssmith891
New Contributor

Apply for Discover IT with Discover More?

Instead of PC'ing my Discover More, can I apply for a Discover IT to take advantage of the double cashback?
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
kdm31091
Super Contributor

Re: Apply for Discover IT with Discover More?

@ssmith891 wrote:
Instead of PC'ing my Discover More, can I apply for a Discover IT to take advantage of the double cashback?

Sure you can, but it's up to you whether it is worth the HP and AAOA ding etc. Do you see yourself raking in a lot of rewards from the double promo? If it will not be significant, it may be better to PC as the More will become a useless second card that you will end up wanting to close.

Message 2 of 4
ssmith891
New Contributor

I can take the HP. I'd end up closing the Discover IT after the promo is over and keep the More for AAOA reasons.
Message 3 of 4
kdm31091
Super Contributor

@ssmith891 wrote:
I can take the HP. I'd end up closing the Discover IT after the promo is over and keep the More for AAOA reasons.

Keep in mind that closing the More would not hurt your AAOA for a decade, although you could obviously upgrade it to the IT after you close the newer IT.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.