Valued Contributor

Re: Apply for Freedom now, or wait for $300 offer to come back?

The 10/10 is going away...source?
New Contributor

Unfortunately I can't disclose it publicly, but I just sent out a PM to those that asked for the source.  

Valued Contributor

melbaro wrote:

Unfortunately I can't disclose it publicly, but I just sent out a PM to those that asked for the source.  

Will people currently using it also lose it?

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:23    

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
New Contributor

It will remain for those who already have it. Just affects anyone applying after the 11th.

Valued Contributor

melbaro wrote:

It will remain for those who already have it. Just affects anyone applying after the 11th.

Were there issues with people purposely making only small transactions? IE buy one grocery item at a time at self checkout or something like that.

Although, this is the main benefit for this card to me and others. I bet they will lose future apps by getting rid of it.

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:23    

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Established Contributor

[ Edited ]

What if I have a Freedom card now but don't have a checking account yet?

Amex BCP/BC/Zync - Amex Business GR - Barclays NFL Visa Sig 49ers/Arrival - BoA BBR - Cap 1 Quicksilver - Citi Forward/Preferred - Chase Amazon/Freedom/Ink Plus - Discover IT - Fidelity Amex - GECRB Amazon/Walmart - PenFed PRV - Target - USAA Amex - US Bank CASH+/Club Carlson
New Contributor

Dustink wrote:

melbaro wrote:

Were there issues with people purposely making only small transactions? IE buy one grocery item at a time at self checkout or something like that.

Although, this is the main benefit for this card to me and others. I bet they will lose future apps by getting rid of it.

I'm not sure why, but that is a logical reason though.

New Contributor

[ Edited ]

flowfaster wrote:

What if I have a Freedom card now but don't have a checking account yet?

I wish I knew all variables to this new change. I wouldn't worry too much about it though. Call in and request that they honor the fact you have had the card before the cut off date.

Frequent Contributor

flowfaster wrote:

If the 10/10 is going away then I would wait.  The 300+ offers have been around for the last two years.  I got in on a $350 offer in April of this year.  I'm actually thinking of closing my Freedom card and transferring the CL to my Amazon card.  Then reapply later next year when a bonus comes around.  I think I can scrape by with only the Discover card until the Freedom bonus goes $300+ again.  Since the categories are pretty much the same.

I think Chase is pretty strick with not issuing a bonus if you reapply for the same exact card, whether or not you close the original card.

EQ: 662 | TU: 682 | EX Plus: 764
SL baddies fall off between Jan '13 - Oct '14
Contributor

If melbaro is correct, I may have to just apply for the Freedom now.. That is however pretty screwed up that Chase would kill the 10/10 after all of the advertising they have done for the freedom.

IT (11500 CL), Freedom (5000 CL), Zync (500 CL), PFCU (500 CL)

Starting Score: 699 EQ (4/11/12)
Current Score: 761 EQ (8/15/12)
Goal Score: 800+ EQ
Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on actual applicant approvals and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.