Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apply for HSBC card

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Apply for HSBC card

I got preapproval letter for an HSBC credit card.  It says up to 10,000 CL and 0% til Jan 2009 on balance transfers.  I had an BK in 04 that included a BestBuy(HSBC) card & a Levitz(HSBC) account.  I settled with both of them for a reduced amount to keep the merchandise. 

Would HSBC probably approve me for this Mastercard?    My scores are TU 686, EQ 670, EX 685.
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Apply for HSBC card

flyers, if I had scores like that and wanted an HSBC card, I'd take the chance and apply for it. Knowing that my scores would drop because of the hard inquiry. But that's just me.

Don't be disappointed though if you get approved but with a much lower cl. It just all depends what's in your credit report.

I honestly do not know if they blacklist people(for past baddies). Maybe others do, and will chime in.

Keep us informed. Smiley Happy
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had a BestBuy/HSBC that went to collections in 01 paid off in 02 and closed by creditor and just got a HSBC MC with 14.99% and 0% BT.
Message 3 of 7
bamagirl1
Established Contributor

flyers i had a bk 2004 hsbc included i think and i have 3 of their cards..i have the hsbc mastercard, hsbc discover and hsbc best buy mastercard..you may not get the $10,000 though..also look at whogavemecredit.com for adl scenarios
~01/2008 Ficos TU 571-EX 647-EQ 652~
~3/21/2009 Ficos TU 705 EX 702 EQ 692~
~9/9/09 Ficos TU 718 EQ 693 EX???
~06/25/12 Ficos TU 719 EQ 677 EX??
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Are there any other cards that anyone knows of offering 12 months BT besides this HSBC one that my scores & info at top of post would probably have a shot at?
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

bmp
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

My scores are 674/656/662 and I got approved last week for HSBC at $2k. They soft'd my Experian (baddies) and did a hard on Eq, which is my lowest score. It has 11 year history, 3 good accounts, 1 6 1/2 year old Cap1 CO and a 1 1/2 yo Paid Collection.

Was approved instantly online.
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.