Regular Contributor
jk26978

Apply for Wal-Mart card through online order - approval odds better???

Okay....as I have posted before, I cannot seem to get approved for a WalMart card, reason given...BK.  So, I am asking for anyone's opinion - does anyone think that my odds for approval would be better if I applied while placing an order on their web site???

Any Opinions are greatly appreciated.....

Thanks

K

Starting Score: 650 Current Score: EQ:716 (SW Alert 5-7-14) - TU: 698 (5/27/13 SW)Chapter 7 filed 8/2009 - Discharged 12/2009 Goal Score: 750
Joined the garden again 12/5/13
In the garden till at least 5/1/14
Established Member
spydermary

Re: Apply for Wal-Mart card through online order - approval odds better???

I would think your best chances would be in the store.   

Good luck!

Regular Contributor
DonGonzalo

jk26978 wrote:

Okay....as I have posted before, I cannot seem to get approved for a WalMart card, reason given...BK.  So, I am asking for anyone's opinion - does anyone think that my odds for approval would be better if I applied while placing an order on their web site???

Thanks

K

With a BK reporing, unfortunately, you're going to get the same results no matter how you apply.  Walmart is not BK friendly, at all!

Let's Go Heat!! Vamos Heat!
Established Contributor
kjm79

DonGonzalo wrote:
With a BK reporing, unfortunately, you're going to get the same results no matter how you apply.  Walmart is not BK friendly, at all!

This is incorrect.  Walmart is through GE and IS very BK friendly and a great rebuilder for BK filers.  Both DH and I were approved for Walmart cards POST BK with BK still reporting.  We both also have additional GE cards (JCP, Amazon, RoomStore, CareCredit).  How recent is the BK OP?  Maybe the issue is the BK is still to fresh for them.  But in no way is BK a disqualifier for GE backed cards.  Did you app for the Discover version maybe?  That's harder to get with a BK, but still doable. 

Starting Score: TU? EQ 585 EX? (12/06) (CH 7 bk 11/04)
Current Score: (5/12) TU 699 (myFICO) TU 709 (WalMart) EQ 690 EX 686 (CC denial 7/11)
Goal Score: 720 Across the Board by Mid 2012
Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Regular Contributor
jk26978

At the time that I app'd (online - so i do not remember which i app'd for) I was 2 years and 3 months post filing - filed in 8/2009 discharged in 12/2009 - had cards prior with GE - all paid and closed a few years prior, in good standing.  Other than that, I don't know.....I was also declined a CareCredit card as well for the same reason.  Just seems like GE doesn't like me.  I am planning on trying again around November this year, that way, yes their 1st inq will still be showing but will be a year old....the only other inq at this point will be for a "what i call rebuilder" loan thru my local CU....they seem to be very understanding and helpful......

Thanks

K

Starting Score: 650 Current Score: EQ:716 (SW Alert 5-7-14) - TU: 698 (5/27/13 SW)Chapter 7 filed 8/2009 - Discharged 12/2009 Goal Score: 750
Joined the garden again 12/5/13
In the garden till at least 5/1/14
Established Contributor
CreditCrusader

DonGonzalo wrote:

jk26978 wrote:

Thanks

K

Nooooo...not accurate at all. Walmart approved me with a $600 CL with a BK7 barely a year discharged and a 600 TU FICO.

These things are always YMMV, but in general Wal-Mart if BK-friendly. Wal-Mart may just be taking the easy path to explanation by tossing out the BK reason since that denial reason is impossible to argue out of...it's public record and staying for 10 years.

I'm Spartacus!

hr>Starting Score: EQ 546, EX 547, TU 580
Current Scores (lender): EQ 725 , EX FICO 720, TU 737 FICO scores>
Goal Score: 750
Senior Contributor
bichonmom

[ Edited ]

Doesn't really matter. I apped in the store because I thought my chances might be better, but the store just has a computer where you fill in the app online. It is exactly the same as doing it at home. The same system is used regardless of whether you app online or in the store.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Valued Contributor
Repo-ed

I tricked the online site into thinking I was checking a bunch of stuff out and chose to app as my choice of payment, thinking it would increase my odds of approval (knowing it had NOTHING to do with the actual approval or denial) and was approved for $400 CL instantly.

5/2012: 560 credit scores across the board and $500 secured CC
12/2014: 750+ scores across the board and $80k in revolving credit

Get those baddies removed!!!
Frequent Contributor
golo

So you think it was because of that?

Read and read...and then....read some more....

Starting Score: 603 myfico EQ,648 myfico TU april 2012
Current Score: 608 myfico EQ
Goal Score: 660 myfico EQ july 2012??

Valued Contributor
Repo-ed

golo wrote:

So you think it was because of that?

No, not at all.  Had to do with my TU credit file, since that's what they pulled.

5/2012: 560 credit scores across the board and $500 secured CC
12/2014: 750+ scores across the board and $80k in revolving credit

Get those baddies removed!!!

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}