Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apply for Zync/Discover/CLI Slate?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Apply for Zync/Discover/CLI Slate?

Credit card companies soft pull all the time with just a name and last 4 digits of SSN. I did the Discover pre-approval before I actually applied. The soft pull was on my credit report, so obviously whatever system is used can identify us with name and last 4 digits.  When I applied, the hard pull appeared on my report as well.

Also, if the pre-approval site shows now pre-approved offers, it doesn't mean you will not get a card. My daughter only had credit for 6 months. She did Discover pre-approval link and got no offers. The soft showed up on her report. She DID apply and was approved after calling for a recon.

Message 11 of 13
doublespaces
Frequent Contributor

So why dont the soft inqs show on any of my credit reports. Ive hit the special offers buttons many times in the past. Never any soft inqs.

Starting: EQ: 490 TU: ??? EX: ???
Current: EQ: 717 TU: 757 EX: 736 (lender)
Goal: 800+
=============
Amex: Zync, Gold Delta
Discover More
Chase Slate
Discover More
Message 12 of 13
doublespaces
Frequent Contributor

I called the other day about my slate. They said they don't know why my credit line is so low, stuck at $400. It was 1200 and they lowered it when I had some credit problems. Its been over two years since I was late 1-30 days, but I was never 30 days late. I want to get this CL up to 5k so I can PC to the freedom. Anyone have an idea how much of a CLI I should ask for? I'm pulling my teletrack report for when I apply to amex just to be sure they don't have anything on file from my experian report in the event they filtered some info from it when I had some baddies on it.

Starting: EQ: 490 TU: ??? EX: ???
Current: EQ: 717 TU: 757 EX: 736 (lender)
Goal: 800+
=============
Amex: Zync, Gold Delta
Discover More
Chase Slate
Discover More
Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.