Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apply for a WAMu card??

tag
kay82
Regular Contributor

Apply for a WAMu card??

Hey everybody heres a question, since I bank with WAMU and the Chase /Wamu merge isnt complete yet...and I believe they're still letting people apply for credit cards would be wise to hurry up and app with them just to get a shoe in with chase?

If Im not mistaken the only cards theyve discontinued is the secured card program right? 

If so do they pull TU still or has it changed? 

12-08 TU 654 EQ 630 EX 628

12-08 TU 640 new accounts

1-31-09 EQ 644 15% util !!!
2-10-09 EX 663 15% util !!!
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
kay82
Regular Contributor

Re: Apply for a WAMu card??

anybody???
12-08 TU 654 EQ 630 EX 628

12-08 TU 640 new accounts

1-31-09 EQ 644 15% util !!!
2-10-09 EX 663 15% util !!!
Message 2 of 5
score_building
Senior Contributor

w/o respect to the chase/wamu debacle, if you have good use for the card and are interested in obtaining a chase cc, go for it. 

chase is already full steam ahead and by march will be rerouting online cc accounting to their site.  essentially, if you app a "wamu" cc now, your application will be reviewed by chase under chase guidelines and you currently bank with chase too.  

you'll see references to wamu continue to disappear in the next several months (wamu is just a ghost in the machine at this point).

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase is already underwriting Wamu cards, so there will be no benefit applying for a Wamu card instead of just applying for a Chase CC.

The chance to get "in" with Chase has passed, too bad i didnt have a Wamu or Circuit City card!

Message 4 of 5
Roxlie
Contributor

On a side note, I have the Circuit City store card with a $1,500 limit.  Currently carrying about $450 on it.  I've called twice now to try to get them to convert it to a Visa and they have refused. She did tell me though that even though I can't charge at Circuit City in the US..I was free to use it in the Canadian stores..yay..
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.