Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apply for the CSR now? Or wait?

tag
xgac12x
Established Contributor

Apply for the CSR now? Or wait?

I have a colleague that is looking at the CSR. Should they wait to apply or apply now?

Also, say they apply and get the card, could they book travel in 2016, and January 1, does the travel credit reset? Or is it cardholder calendar year.

Thanks
CARDS: CAPONEQUICKSILVERONE - $3,000.00
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Apply for the CSR now? Or wait?

@xgac12x wrote:
I have a colleague that is looking at the CSR. Should they wait to apply or apply now?

Also, say they apply and get the card, could they book travel in 2016, and January 1, does the travel credit reset? Or is it cardholder calendar year.

Thanks

sticky situation.  I am thinking theres a chance you could get appoved, card comes fast, get the $300 credit, and ask to have your statement ending date changed.  I really do not know the answer to this.

Part of me thinks this is an opportunity to get the credit 3 times.  Apply, get the card this week, get the credit, get it again after jan 1.  Then when the AF posts product change to something else and get the fee refunded.

I would be more concerned with the fact that its at 100k worth 1500 in travel.  And you are guaranteed going to get the $300 twice regardless.  AFAIK its per calendar year.

Message 2 of 4
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@xgac12x wrote:

Thanks

sticky situation.  I am thinking theres a chance you could get appoved, card comes fast, get the $300 credit, and ask to have your statement ending date changed.  I really do not know the answer to this.

Part of me thinks this is an opportunity to get the credit 3 times.  Apply, get the card this week, get the credit, get it again after jan 1.  Then when the AF posts product change to something else and get the fee refunded.

I would be more concerned with the fact that its at 100k worth 1500 in travel.  And you are guaranteed going to get the $300 twice regardless.  AFAIK its per calendar year.

We had an inconclusive discussion about this recently.   The Chase terms seem to imply that the rewards are calendar based but depend on statement date.   So if you got the card now, your first statement might close in Jan, and the credit would come from the 2017 allocation, ven though you would get the credit immediately.   Some people disagree.   Guess we will find out early Jan

Message 3 of 4
JustBPatient
Established Contributor

It is per calendar year, but on that travel credit, it must post on your December statement.  So you are cutting it close.  If it doesnt post in December, it will in January thus burning up the credit for 2017.  Good luck on whatever you decide.

Amex Gold =Amex ED 20k = Amex BCP 14k = Amex SPG Lux 2k = Arrival 2k = Ring 14k = BOA 321 30k = BOA BBR 10k = CSR 25k = Freedom 10k = Citi Simplicity 9k = Citi DC 5k = Citi DP 3k = DCVR IT 16k = DCVR IT(2) 10k = CAP1 QS 15k = NFCU CR24k/AE25k/CLOC 15k = BBVA 14k = Wells Plat. 5k = (2) US Bank Cash+ 13k, 18k = PenFed 17k

FICO scores TU 764 EX 739 EQ 745
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.