Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apply multiple cards at the same time

tag
AndySoCal
Valued Contributor

Re: Apply multiple cards at the same time

The statement is context of a person who is moving balances not necesarily paying them down.  It does not take much for this approach to fail I.E. job loss, ETC . When it does fail it usually does not end well  IE  chronic  lates,Charge off, Collections, or even BK depending on the amount of debt being juggled.  I agree you can do it I have done this myself. A credit card issuer was closing my account because they were not longer offering this type of rewards program. So  I found my replacement card and apped for it and also apped for another card was well. I was approved for both.  I always PIF and my total balances represent about 5% credit util.

Edited to change a statment

FICO Scores XPN v8 802 V2 831 (SDFCU) TUC 803 v8 EFX 807 (10/2023)
Discover 09/90 19,000, JCPenney 10/2008 4,700 US Bank Cash 12,000 Citibank Custom Cash 5/2015 11,100 State Dept. FCU 15,000 06/2023 , 02/2024 Redstone FCU Signature VISA 10,000 Banking: Ally Bank Credit Unions: Lafayette FCU Fortera FCU State Department FCU Pelican CU

Pelican State CU Redstone FCU

Message 11 of 12
w20031424
Frequent Contributor

Re: Apply multiple cards at the same time

I do apply for multiple CC at the same time. I applied for eight CCs and got approved for six two months ago. I plan to apply for another eight or nine cards in October. So when my credit profile turns 3 years old, I should have about twenty active trade lines. 

The situation will become better after you have established a thick file.

Think about this, will the lenders get nervous if you only have  two CCs now and they see you opened another five new CCs?  Yes.

Will the lender become jittery if you already have 25 active CCs, all of which are more than 5 years old, and you applied for another five new CCs? Not really.

Fide Amex 15K | Barclays Reward 3.5K | Citi Forward Student 5K | Discover IT 12.8K | US Cash Reward 6K | GE Paypal 5.5K | Wal Discover 6K | CapOne 3.5K | Kohl's 0.3K
Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.