cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apply to have Chase Freedom reopened after I closed it?

tag
chwebb1
Established Contributor

Apply to have Chase Freedom reopened after I closed it?

Hello Everyone,

I closed my Chase Freedom approximately two months ago because I was unhappy with the credit limit and interest rates, but the more I think about it, I think I may have made a mistake. I called customer service, and they said that they could apply to have the account reopened. Does anyone know if this involves a hard credit pull?

Thanks!

photo NUS000000180_160X101_STRAIGHT.gif photo DISCOVER_IT_LG.gif photo card_1.png photo night-launch.png photo NUS000000012_160X101_STRAIGHT.gif photo bankamericard-better-balance-rewards-credit-card-small.png
$15000 ........... $12500 ............ $11750 ............ $10000 ........... $9400 ............ $5000 ............. $5000
In the Garden until at least November 2015
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: Apply to have Chase Freedom reopened after I closed it?

Message 2 of 5
Swapmeet
Valued Contributor

I have never heard of this practice, but if I know Chase, it will surely be a HP.

My Wallet:
WalMart: ||15k|| USAA Platinum MC: ||26k|| BCE: ||9k|| Chase Freedom Siggy: ||10k|| Discover it: ||6.5k|| SG Visa: ||11k||
USAA World MC: ||23k|| US Bank Cash+ Siggy: ||7.5k|| Citi TYP World MC: ||12k|| Barclays Arrival World MC: ||13k||Citi Double Cash World MC ||25k||Sallie Mae World MC ||18.8k||Fico Scores (3 Fico Monitoring): EQ 751,TU 749, EX 743. Last app: 9-12-14 Sallie
Message 3 of 5
rlx01
Established Contributor

You have 30 days to reinstate without HP.

You should just reapply instead (if CR is better than it was), and hopefully get a better APR / CL.
Message 4 of 5
enharu
Super Contributor

Like others have said, you should just reapply.

However if nothing much has changed since then, you will most likely still get a similar CL and APR, so be mentally prepared for that.
JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.