cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Applying Several Credit Cards Once?

tag
tiger61

Applying Several Credit Cards Once?

My credit score is about 780. I have about 8 credit cards right now. But I need about 20K, so I am planning to get 3 or 4 new credit cards with intro 0% apr for 12 months or more. I wanna get these cards within next couple weeks, and they will be "instant approval" credit cards. So my question is, can I apply 3 or 4 cards within one hour period, some time after normal business hours? I am guessing they update my credit history during business hours, so I will try all of them after business hours.

Can any body comment about my idea please?

Thanks.

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
tiger61

Re: Applying Several Credit Cards Once?

Also can you give me a list of instant approvel credit cards please?

Message 2 of 18
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@tiger61 wrote:

Also can you give me a list of instant approvel credit cards please?

1. What Banks and limits do you currently have with those 8 you speak of?

2. What are the balances on those 8?

3. When and where did you get your score? Is it a Fico score?

INQ hit report instantly but approved instantly or not won't have it reporting instantly during hours or not.

I know very FEW please that don't do instant these days... but with that said each bank is going to be different on "Instant" applications, the computer system is going to be programmed to look for certain things and see if you have other accounts with them, if address, phone, job match up on credit report will help with not having the computer push it to review.

But why would it matter if you got instant or had manual review? I mean I think we ALL love the feeling of instant but if you are worried about a manual review seeing something and declining you, that probably won't change with the computer decision either!

Message 3 of 18
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

Why do you need 20k? Wouldn't a loan be better than a credit card? Most of the time cash advances aren't covered as 0% Something is fishy here...
FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 4 of 18
rootpooty
Valued Contributor

@webhopper wrote:
Why do you need 20k? Wouldn't a loan be better than a credit card? Most of the time cash advances aren't covered as 0% Something is fishy here...

+1 good call web

NFCU plat 5k | NAVCHECK 5k | NFCU cashrewards 15k | BOFA 123 6k |
Chase Freedom 1.5k | Amazon 3K | Walmart 3K | Buckle 300 | AMEX BCE 2.5K | CHASE CSP 12K | CITI sears 6k | Kay 2k

On the prowl for Chase Sapphire Preferred! APPROVED 12K!
scores 7/14 647 622 630 (85%util)
scores 8/14 767 760 758 Boom! finally in the 700 club
Message 5 of 18
trumpet-205
Valued Contributor

If you need $20K on the spot, then you really need to consider personal loan instead of credit card.

First thing first, why do you need $20K?

Message 6 of 18
LS2982
Mega Contributor

I agree with the above posters, credit cards aren't the way to go for 20k, with your scores as long as you income qualify 20k on a personal loan should be attainable.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 7 of 18
Wolf3
Senior Contributor

If the expenses can be charged as purchases and the OP is sure they can be paid off on time. CC with 0%APR is a good deal.    No interest to pay.   Develop good credit history and you end up with CC that you want.  

Message 8 of 18
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@LS2982 wrote:
I agree with the above posters, credit cards aren't the way to go for 20k, with your scores as long as you income qualify 20k on a personal loan should be attainable.

The issue I see in this one is you are probably not going to find instant or without requiring some documents which would not very likely happen with a credit card from a big bank.  But much information missing.

Message 9 of 18
Crashem
Valued Contributor

Applying after hours more likely to defeat your intentions.  Better to do it during business hours.  However can you give us more details on your credit file.  Cards and limits/balances.  Aaoa and whatever inquiries you have.   Also more details on how you intend to spend the 20k.  If you need in cash, 0% not going to work.

LIMITS IN CARD DESCRIPTIONS
Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.