Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Applying after mortgage question

tag
GPMDRL
New Contributor

Applying after mortgage question

Hi all,

I'm set to close on a house on 7/5, loan amount $355k. Credit scores between 750-765. I had financial troubles years ago but cleaned everything up nicely. No negatives on a clean report. However I just have 2 cards, a Cap 1 that has a $3k limit and a Discover that has a $2k limit. Had the Cap 1 about 2.5 years and Discover for a year. Both cards 0-5% balance. The last time I applied for a "prime" card was about a year ago and I was turned down because neither of my cards had a $2k limit at that time and I was told by the customer rep they'd want to see that first. If I apply for a new card, I'd like it to be worth my wild in a credit limit. My question is, should I wait for the new mortgage to show up on the credit report to show I have a loan in a high amount or does that not matter and I can apply once I close? I was looking at a Barclays rewards MasterCard or AMEX BCE. I heard Barclays was stingy on credit line though, any suggestions on what might be best? Thanks!
Message 1 of 1
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.