Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Applying for AMex

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Applying for AMex

I am AU on my dads gold Amex....how long should i wait to apply for one of my own?

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
RussianPassion
Regular Contributor

Re: Applying for AMex

You provide us with no info at all to be able to give you rational advice. Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

sorry, thought it would be just a standard question...lol.  Was added on his amex gold last month.  he's been a member since 86. have 5 open cc accounts, all in good standing, never late and low balances.  No collections, one satisfied judgement from 2010 on my ex report...anything else? Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 7
LTomBerry
Frequent Contributor

They like to see at least 2 yrs of history on at least 2 tradelines.

Your EX in your signature might be a tad low for AmEx - they almost always pull Experian. Is the judgement the only thing holding your score down?

Also, it will be helpful if you have only a few inquiries, and low utilization <20% or so.

At any rate you should be sure your AU Amex has reported on your EX for at least one cycle before you go for it.

Starting Score: 690
Current Score: EQ 780 EX 814 TU 783
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

thanks! no, its a collection that was just added and its in the process of being removed...its soo annoying when they put things on your report that are not correct and take forever in removing them.  its mostly the short history i believe thats keeping me down a bit as well.  Once amex reports on my cr at end of billing cycle, it will add 25 years for that card and 5 years plus for average..again, once collection removed, it will def raise it up.

Message 5 of 7
tntexans72
Valued Contributor

If you can get that judgement removed...hit the app button.

Message 6 of 7
Jazzzy
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

sorry, thought it would be just a standard question...lol.  Was added on his amex gold last month.  he's been a member since 86. have 5 open cc accounts, all in good standing, never late and low balances.  No collections, one satisfied judgement from 2010 on my ex report...anything else? Smiley Happy

They'll want to know your income. They  may even ask for proof of income.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.